jpounders95

Wallet Pattern

It's been a while since I've posted to this forum but I figured since I was back that I might as well contribute also so here are some patterns that I drew up/ modified over time. Hope you guys enjoy them! They are all on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets!

WALLET 8 HALF BY 11 SHEET 1.pdf

WALLET 8 HALF BY 11 SHEET 2.pdf

WALLET 11 BY 17 inner parts.pdf

WALLET 11 BY 17.pdf

Edited by jpounders95

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice - thank you for sharing!

Gary

Thanks. Before I try to make one in paper just a quick question: Dimensions are in inches I presume?

15 hours ago, LetterT said:

Thanks. Before I try to make one in paper just a quick question: Dimensions are in inches I presume?

Definitely!  By inspection, metres or cm or mm just won't yield the correct size at all.  USA is still stuck on feet, inches, gallons, etc.  Then in Canada, it depends on when you went to school, or if you had any engineering related jobs.  Some of us can quickly change between British and SI units.  As for paper sizes, we (USA and Canada) are still using British units for the most part, thus you see 8.5 x 11 (letter), 8.5 x 14 (legal), and 11 x 17 (tabloid) as common sizes.

Tom

Northmount, do you have a finished wallet you could show off? That would help me understand how it all fits together!

For the UK the wallet size should be enlarged as a £50 note is 156 mm long and 85 mm wide which leaves very little room at the top, I think other countries notes are also quite large

Well, Northmount is a fellow Canuck, so I don't think the dimensions will need altering... :lol: I think Canadian and U.S. bills are pretty much the same size. Canadian may be just a tad bigger, but not enough to cause a problem.

10 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Northmount, do you have a finished wallet you could show off? That would help me understand how it all fits together!

If the OP @jpounders95 doesn't get back with something in a couple days, I'll give it a go.  I'm what you might call "out of office" for a few days now.

Tom

Thanks, Tom! And thank you for the patterns! :)

Thanks for the pattern.  It is similar to others I have seen and quite simple to visualize.  Basically a bifold wallet with 3 pockets on each side.  Back face is wider than the inside so when the wallet is folded it doesn't bind up.

Hey guys, sorry it has been a crazy week so far ha here is a link to some pictures of the long wallet and unfortunately I haven"t made another one of the plain bi-fold wallets and the one I made has already been sent out to it's new owner but I will try to get some pictures from him but it is exactly how Mr. Jeff described it! Excuse this wallet looking so poor but it's my personal one and was a test to see how I liked it haha

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0731.jpg

I am still trying to figure out how to do pockets. Is the bottom of the pocket attached to anything?

Yes! sorry about that also the four lines on the right side are what the bottom of the pockets line up on and then glue and sew them!

This is a bit different from what I envisioned but the concept is the same.  My first project was a cell phone case and it was very similar to this.  I had overlapping pockets on one side.

Okay, I've got it figured out now. The top two sheets are for a wallet with pockets on each side. The bottom two sheets is for the longer wallet you show above, with pockets on only one side! :yeah:

I didn't realized they were two separate wallets, so I was REALLY confused! 

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Thank you for sharing, nice patterns

thank you , a little people share this thing with other