So... I was out walking my 3 dogs and had my cellphone in one hand, treats in the other hand, and a serious need for free hands, and no pockets on my clothes. I needed a purs/bag that was easy to bring on walks, something made for walks and training dogs, with room for wather bottle, phone, treats, poopbags and leash. 

I had som ebay leather lying around, think it is upholstry/furniture leather?  And I really can not follow instructions over a long period of time, and there are only so many small practise projects I need lying around. Sooo with a need and leather, I made a purse/bag. Real learning by doing projects. No manual, just what I rember from watching youtube. I wanted a rustic (?) rough look,  and here we are: 

43018419545_a788a1fa4e_z.jpg

43018418765_fa00d6d427_z.jpg

28986972967_37be18dbfe_z.jpg

28986972637_2fc0bd5abf_z.jpg

28986970147_2260e46093_z.jpg

Lots of mistakes on the sewing, I need a better awl, I need more practice but I have learned loads and I love it! Only small regret is the brass button and metall D-rings. And I need to make a shoulderstrap and put in the last stitches. 

I think if you use a 90 deg rule you would square up all your angles and make sure every thing was at 90 degrees to each other which would make it look better, also on the main bag if you had sewn the seam's on the inside it would have shown a more refined edge (turn bag inside out and sew the seams)

Not a bad effort for a first effort

5 minutes ago, chrisash said:

I think if you use a 90 deg rule you would square up all your angles and make sure every thing was at 90 degrees to each other which would make it look better, also on the main bag if you had sewn the seam's on the inside it would have shown a more refined edge (turn bag inside out and sew the seams)

Not a bad effort for a first effort

thanks! I wantet the seems on the outside, but thanks for the feedback :D  Angree on the angels. 

What do you mean about your one regret being the metal rings and brass button?  Did you want the whole purse to be made out of leather?

As far as appearance goes, they look fine!

Also, lots of videos out there to help you neaten up your stitching. That and the angles (as said above) are the two things that would help improve the appearance. :)

http://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/44874-basic-saddle-stitch-tutorial-by-nigel-armitage/?page=4&tab=comments#comment-549454

I mean that I would like them to be only brass or only silver metall, not a mix. :) I will remember that next time. 

I have seen that video over and over and over :lol:, I had some issues with my glue, needels, and and awl, rest is just lack of experience. Hopefully next big projeckt will be more picture perfect :) Maybe... 

But I love it like it is, it turned out much better than I could have hoped.  This is my first ever projeckt bigger than 10 by 10 cm. Its perfeckt as a walk/training bag for walks with the dogs or rides on my horse :D 

I like it. I suffer from perfectionism. It is nice to see someone just bang out a functional piece and go with it. I would carry that as a messenger type bag to hold a book or tablet with my phone and keys.   Keep up your work. 

I would agree, you do need practice, but we all do in areas. overall not bad, and as long as you are learning from your mistakes, then your next one will be even better, and the one after that loads better than your first. just keep at it, and you will be happier with your results each time.

3 hours ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

I like it. I suffer from perfectionism. It is nice to see someone just bang out a functional piece and go with it. I would carry that as a messenger type bag to hold a book or tablet with my phone and keys.   Keep up your work. 

Thanks! I suffer from that to, so it is SO liberating to be happy with a less than perfect pice, it is perfect for my use for it, so it is kind of perfect anyway, or something like that. 

2 hours ago, Ragingstallion said:

I would agree, you do need practice, but we all do in areas. overall not bad, and as long as you are learning from your mistakes, then your next one will be even better, and the one after that loads better than your first. just keep at it, and you will be happier with your results each time.

Thank you :)