RusticLeatherShop

Full grain pig leather VERSUS split cattle leather

Hi,

Has anyone an deep knowledge about the differences between FULL GRAIN PIG LEATHER and SPLIT COW LEATHER?

Over here I started to Switch to full grain pig leather due to it being cheaper and IMHO stronger (doesnt rip at all) and it is dyed. Before I bought the expensier cow leather which they sold me for full grain but in reality I am sure it is split leather. I can rip it when applied with force. Cow leather is not dyed at all.

I for my part like pig leather better since it's full grain and sometimes softer than the cow leather.

But customers do not trust as much the longevity and durability of pig leather and so I ask here if someone knows some deeper knowledge about the differences. Quality, durability, stays soft - gets hard over time, etc.

See here some works from pig leather versus cow leather.

Second below (dark) leather item is full grain pig leather (Smartphone case). First below (light coloured) leather is an pistol Holster from split cow leather.il_570xN_1525895795_snoj.thumb.jpg.fd4db1c75467668ea3f563974a3314b9.jpg

WP_20180809_13_03_24_Pro.thumb.jpg.ad4eac2b1e6dd4dd675ce4341fd8eece.jpg