Evo160K

Singer 45K69 Channeling Knife

Would anyone be able to post a close-up picture of the Throat Plate Channeling Knife that's used in a Singer 45K69 leather shoe soling machine (perhaps others)?  I'm nearing completion of a 45K69 restoration and may have to fabricate the channeling knife.  It cuts the protective groove in the shoe sole that the thread lays in.   Other than these images ( small, medium and large sizes) from the parts manual, I have no detail on the actual shape of the cutting end.  The knife fits in that slot in the throat plate in the picture and is held in place with the screw.  Thank you, thank you very much.

img020.jpg

IMG_5409.JPG

how ya been al I had a bout with  tonsel cancer ok for now I found a singer 241-12 complete  with clutch motor an table . I got 45k together stich lenth is not quite right.but it sews.  I am looking for athreading diagram for 241-12 thanks

Hi John,

Sure hope the tonsil issue is behind you.  You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Maybe this 241- pdf will have what you need, it does have a threading diagram.  http://dixiesewingmachine.tzo.com/MANUALS/SINGERSERVICE3/241-Inst.pdf

parts manual  http://dixiesewingmachine.tzo.com/MANUALS/SINGERPARTS10/241-11,12&13.pdf

don't know if you still need it but I have one I could get you a picture of.

That would great, Simran, thank you.  You can post it or pm it.

How are your K69 and treadle doing?  Do they get much use?

On 8/11/2018 at 2:02 AM, Evo160K said:

Would anyone be able to post a close-up picture of the Throat Plate Channeling Knife that's used in a Singer 45K69 leather shoe soling machine (perhaps others)?  I'm nearing completion of a 45K69 restoration and may have to fabricate the channeling knife.  It cuts the protective groove in the shoe sole that the thread lays in.   Other than these images ( small, medium and large sizes) from the parts manual, I have no detail on the actual shape of the cutting end.  The knife fits in that slot in the throat plate in the picture and is held in place with the screw.  Thank you, thank you very much.

img020.jpg

IMG_5409.JPG

What is the thin, flat piece of metal, held down with the vertical slotted screw, just to the right of the arrow shaft, opposite the arrow point? The part looks like it may have a part number on it.