RKCrowe

Attention! Congratulations Caitlin

Please share my hearty congrats to Caitlin!

A 15 year old girl out of Fort Collins, Colorado. A real go-getter and and boon to leathercrafts future. 

I work with her father, and when I heard how enthusiastic she is about life in general and leather craft specifically, I filled a large envelope with all my duplicate tools and stamps, mostly 

To get an idea about Caitlin, her father told me a story, “we were sitting at the table for breakfast, Caitlin had a far-away look and I knew something was brewing, Caitlin finally looked up and announced, “ I want to build a boat”. And she did!

She is on her school bull riding team, 4H club and maintains great grades. 

When she didn’t have the money to buy a friend a b’day gift, she made one in leather. She made her own gloves for bull riding.

Just recently, she won the Larimer County Fair Overall Champion Leathercrat Exhibit, she made a pair of chaps, If I remember correctly, 3000 hand punched and hand stitched holes and a couple other projects she had to do as a first entry to the fair, in her first year! Did I mention she is 15!?

Hidepounder, if you come across this, she draws inspiration from your works, and many others on this site.

My enthusiasm comes from knowing that there are some young people with the fire to keep this craft, as old as man’s history, alive and well.

Help me congratulate Caitlin, I know she is a member of this site, and also recognize any other youngsters that have partaken the elixir, called leathercraft. Knowing the torch will be passed to capable and well deserving hands! A whole category should be made for this purpose.

Thank you for your indulgence and time for this matter.

Richard

FED2BC25-6B1E-4599-8DC3-FEA5F39DE068.jpeg

5BB13AD6-981A-4630-8C04-B0A69A1DC78E.jpeg

Wow!  Awesome job Caitlin!

Congrats!

Wow congratulations Caitlin! Just keep dreaming and doing!

Congratulations Caitlin you are well on your way!!

WOW! All that I can see makes my efforts look like I was a rusty razor blade and a broken fence paling. Excellent work. I hope we can see more. She is going to be a master before the age of 25, let alone 40 or 60 or older!

Local girl done good! Congrats to Caitlin!

Jeff

Congratulations Caitlin!  That looks like an awesome set of Chaps!

Caitlin

Your now famous as far as England, well done and keep up the great work, will keep a eye out for your posts