On 9/8/2018 at 10:43 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Great job. They look good enough to go to town in....:crazy:

Ok... Yesterday I rode to a McDonald's with my chaps and all and some tourists who had never seen a "real cowboy" had to get pictures with me and my horse...  awkward. 

On 7/10/2019 at 10:51 AM, vancesjensen said:

Can you get a pair of these out of one side?  

You sure can but sometimes its really close so if you pick a side out yourself, get the largest one with the fewest holes.

Nice work! How's your friend liking them now that it's been a while?

I was kind of scratching my head over the oval patches on the legs, wondering what function they served, or lacking that what they were supposed to symbolize, until finally zooming in and realizing they were pocket openings. How cool is that? I come from the horse world, even western-style riding, but never wore or was around people with chaps as I never did any work or even rodeo, just pleasure riding and showing far far away from any actual ranch. My loss, certainly! My only close-up experience with chaps comes from the motorcycle world, and I can't think of any I've seen that have pockets. If I ever get in to making chaps (highly doubtful) your work might well inspire me to add pockets. :0)

5 minutes ago, PigasusStudio said:

Nice work! How's your friend liking them now that it's been a while?

I was kind of scratching my head over the oval patches on the legs, wondering what function they served, or lacking that what they were supposed to symbolize, until finally zooming in and realizing they were pocket openings. How cool is that? I come from the horse world, even western-style riding, but never wore or was around people with chaps as I never did any work or even rodeo, just pleasure riding and showing far far away from any actual ranch. My loss, certainly! My only close-up experience with chaps comes from the motorcycle world, and I can't think of any I've seen that have pockets. If I ever get in to making chaps (highly doubtful) your work might well inspire me to add pockets. :0)

Thank you! He says he's been riding hard with them and they hold up really well. That's good news. I kinda want to make a pair for myself now lol. The pockets sure come in handy since it makes it easy to get to your phone and you can't get to your pant pockets when wearing chaps

Edited by Rolandranch

Might I suggest a bit lighter belt in front.   If you get that front belt hooked over the saddle horn while on a "bad" one you sure want it to break.