Hey fellas, just finished a radio strap for a coworker, any advice and criticism welcome. Had alot of fun and hope he likes it next shift.

20180814_125110.jpg

I know the contrast stitching makes the whole strap "pop" visually but I think a black thread would be more appropriate for the black strap part as it is sure to get dirty - I am presuming EMS stands for Emergency Medical Service. Otherwise very nice work, I especially like how the paint fades to dark at the top and bottom of the brown section with the stamped name. That i s a nice detail.

Those clasps sure add weight.

Thanks for the feedback, yeah the white stitching does have that possibility but poeple really like it, gotta do what the customer asks. Yeah the clasps are nickel plated steel, they have to be strong when a 5 pound radio is attached to it for 24 and 48 hours at a time. They have to hold when doing some of the rough stuff we do. I really appreciate the feedback keep it coming!

11 minutes ago, Horsewhishper said:

Thanks for the feedback, yeah the white stitching does have that possibility but poeple really like it, gotta do what the customer asks. Yeah the clasps are nickel plated steel, they have to be strong when a 5 pound radio is attached to it for 24 and 48 hours at a time. They have to hold when doing some of the rough stuff we do. I really appreciate the feedback keep it coming!

Are the heavy trigger snaps necessary?  Seems you might be able to replace one or two with an O ring or D ring to reduce weight, especially since you have the connected to each other.  For me, having all that metal clanging around would get annoying, and I'd be looking for ways to reduce weight - also would reduce cost!  Are those solid rivets or rapid rivets?  I think I might be inclined to use Chicago style screws.  Overall I like it,would be interesting to see it with radios etc. attached...

YinTx

If it helps I attached a picture of my own strap and radio, this is how they connect. I used Chicago screws I prefer them for most projects, I think they are stronger and won't come undone with lock tight.thank you for the reply

image000000_01.jpg

Thats a nive piece of work. All I cam suggests it "blocking" your keepers by dampening then amd sliding them over a piece of wood the same dimensions as the strap width and number of layers of strap and then tapping them square around. Looks sharp, less likely to get cuaght and give more contact area.

When i was doing a fair bit of strap work I made a variety of sizes of loop sticks for this purpose.

Plinkercases 

Thanks! That is a great idea will have start to doing that thanks for the tip

Someone tipped me so....  look forward to seeing some formed keepers next time.

I like it just the way it is: Big and strong like me :)

Sam

Looks good, I do my mic loops vertical as I’ve seen many a torn mic loop from rivets too close to the edge of the loop.

Very cool Mr. 

On 8/20/2018 at 7:36 PM, Fire88 said:

Looks good, I do my mic loops vertical as I’ve seen many a torn mic loop from rivets too close to the edge of the loop.

I have thought about vertical just never liked the way the radio sits, so I make sure to leave half an inch between screw and edge just gotta hope it will hold