I have been doing leather working for roughly a year now, and have had a few commissions, and I have a few in line now.

I have already had my logo created by a professional artist, with the intent of having it made into a makers stamp.

So far, my research is limited as I do not have hardly any access to the internet unless I am at the office. I tried Buckeye, and they have not responded back after some more details on what I want. I found a local shop that I visited this morning and the price he gave me (also while telling me they may not be able to get as much detail as I would like) a price that about gave me a heart attack.... $265.

I am looking for a recommendation on a company to get my logo, which is my icon here...created.

Appreciate any and all help.

I use Sergey Neskromniy stamps for my makers marks, I have small, medium and large, any custom stamps and his production stamps are also pretty good and his prices are very reasonable.

He has an etsy shop and he is on Leatherworker.net as @arbelet12.

22 minutes ago, Rockoboy said:

I use Sergey Neskromniy stamps for my makers marks, I have small, medium and large, any custom stamps and his production stamps are also pretty good and his prices are very reasonable.

He has an etsy shop and he is on Leatherworker.net as @arbelet12.

Thanks, but do you have a link to his etsy shop?

4 minutes ago, Ragingstallion said:

do you have a link to his etsy shop?

No, but if you Google him on LW.net, I am sure there will be a link in his profile, or send him a message through LW.net.

I went with AM Leathercraft (alex moreau) as long as you don't mind waiting on the slow boat from viet-nam, the price is very reasonable...

12 hours ago, koreric75 said:

as long as you don't mind waiting on the slow boat from viet-nam,

Hmmm Vietnam is a lot closer to Australia than Bulgaria! How is his quality and communications?

He is in Viet Nam, but I'd actually French, easy to communicate, the stamp came well packaged and polished...

I recommend Grey Ghost Graphics.  Jeff Mosby is very responsive and good to work with.  His stamps are laser cut Delrin and he can get terrific detail on even small stamps.  They hold up to use well (I have two different sizes and they are both several years old) but you can't heat them for use on chrome tan leathers.  But that is the only drawback about them.

www.greyghostgraphics.com/stamps.html

6 hours ago, JLSleather said:

Guess he meant this fella ...

I have more than a dozen of Sergey's stamps, plus 3 makers marks and a custom stamp to my design, so I can highly recommend his work and his prices are very good and I will probably buy more stamps from him at some time in the future.

The distance is my only consideration in this instance.

I too use Grey Ghost Graphics and have not had an issue with his product.  Laser cut/formed on heavy-duty Delrin and he is fast about it.

On 8/17/2018 at 6:21 AM, koreric75 said:

I went with AM Leathercraft (alex moreau) as long as you don't mind waiting on the slow boat from viet-nam, the price is very reasonable...

I'm also planning to purchase there - can you please share a photo of the stamping result ?

JLS-Leather.jpgAlex did these for me.  Click to enlarge ...

The link to his site is below ... AM leathercraft

I have noticed that a lot of folks use a maker's mark that is a flat stamp, instead of a long tool that is struck with a hammer. It's obviously much cheaper to make, but-

Questions...
1. Does pressing a stamp give better (more consistent) results than a full length tool-stamp?
2. Without an arbor press, is it sufficient to simply crank down on a C-clamp with a wood block over the stamp, and a hard surface below? Seems that would work(?).

I have quite a few of Sergey's stamps. They are excellent and I love them. They are definitely worth the wait from Bulgaria. I got my makers mark from Leather Stamp Maker - https://www.leatherstampmaker.com/ He did a wonderful job on it.

22 minutes ago, JazzBass said:

I have noticed that a lot of folks use a maker's mark that is a flat stamp, instead of a long tool that is struck with a hammer. It's obviously much cheaper to make, but-

Questions...
1. Does pressing a stamp give better (more consistent) results than a full length tool-stamp?
2. Without an arbor press, is it sufficient to simply crank down on a C-clamp with a wood block over the stamp, and a hard surface below? Seems that would work(?).

The smaller of the two stamps, just bop it with a mallet. The larger one I put in a small press due to the surface area.. and getting EVEN pressure all around.

C-clamp?  Maybe be okay. Worth a shot.

I've seen a JILLION stamps that look like lettering on a plain background. Usually got a handle, bop with a mallet.  I don't care for 'em myself --- just don't like the look.  Makes my mind say "rush job" right from the start, which theoretically is not what you want people thinking when they view your work.  Also, "common" graphics are a big no-no for me.... if I've seen your "logo" on every other high school football team ever -- I'm GONE ;)

@JLSleather Haha - know what you mean about "common" graphics and High School football logos. LOL!

Interestingly though, "artistic logos" are a luxury that are practical today, only because of (relatively recent) internet searches, where anyone who saw "JLS" on a piece, could actually find you and have it result in more work.

The "tried and true" (name and city, and or phone number) that may be boring, seems IMHO to have previously been the only smart way to go...but I DO like your thinking, sir ;)

I'll throw another nod for AM Leathercraft. I have 2 from him and aside from the turn around time, it is excellent work. Just know it'll take a little while.