Recently got this one, dirt cheap compared with the value... guess what that is? 

IMG_20180818_011122.png

Does it have to do with embossing or splitting? I don't know what it is but I want to know haha

20 minutes ago, Stetson912 said:

Does it have to do with embossing or splitting? I don't know what it is but I want to know haha

You're close.... it's a strap folding machine. It makes perfectly flat folded tubular straps. But you have to cut the correct width, split evenly, apply glue and insert into the tubular openings. By turning the handwheel the straps get processed and pressed/ folded. Lots of work upfront but phantastic results! Actually this device is quite tiny, the biggest strap (as you can see there are different sized tubes) is 8 mm in width after folding.

Edited by JoergFBernhard

Wow! How cool is that! I've never known of such a thing. Very cool!

post some images of tubular straps done

That is very cool. If one wanting to search for such an item on the internet, what would I search for by brand name and model. I love old machinery like this and I like to collect.

17 minutes ago, Mark842 said:

That is very cool. If one wanting to search for such an item on the internet, what would I search for by brand name and model. I love old machinery like this and I like to collect.

Hi Mark, it doesn't have a logo plate on it, but I assume it was made by Müller&Kurth, a German machine manufacturer. They also produced strap cutters like the one below.

IMG_20180818_140637.png

IMG_20180818_140354.png

Edited by JoergFBernhard

3 hours ago, Coeta said:

post some images of tubular straps done

Here we go... I didn't use glue on this one.

IMG_20180818_135142.png

IMG_20180818_135209.png

I was actually just looking at their website and eBay Germany. Sigh...a wonderful country full of wonderful machinery and apparently no one in Germany wants to ship anything across the pond. I've tried and tried over the years with all types of sewing machines and other gizmos to no avail. One of these days I'm gonna semi retire and sail around the world. My boat will be running deep on its way back from Germany with all the weight...

2 minutes ago, Mark842 said:

I was actually just looking at their website and eBay Germany. Sigh...a wonderful country full of wonderful machinery and apparently no one in Germany wants to ship anything across the pond. I've tried and tried over the years with all types of sewing machines and other gizmos to no avail. One of these days I'm gonna semi retire and sail around the world. My boat will be running deep on its way back from Germany with all the weight...

Haha, yes, and there's still lots of stuff around that was built for eternity. But shipping to US isn't easy and pretty expensive I guess.

That is back to basics, simple but ever so ingenious.

kgg

2 minutes ago, JoergFBernhard said:

Haha, yes, and there's still lots of stuff around that was built for eternity. But shipping to US isn't easy and pretty expensive I guess.

Yes, I have several pieces from late 1800's, early 1900's that I use for daily production that modern made equipment can't match.