On 26/01/2019 at 2:55 PM, Rockoboy said:

Hi Brian, Thank you for the zipper-fitters you sent me. I only had one zip, and the 4mm fitted it like a frog in a sock! Well done.

Ohh yeah, the thread tree threading tool also works great. I made a minor modification, I drilled a hole in the handle so It can hang up where I know it will be when I need it. 

Thanks for the feed back Brian. You would not believe how quickly they have fallen into every day use here and I am starting to worry just how the hell we ever did most of the zips here without them before. I saw someone asking about how to do them on here recently and I previously used many different jigs and line up marking tools and I honestly don't use almost any of them now. Amazing how quickly you can forget when you don't need to remember.

@koreric75, do we need to get a group order of these?

23 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Here's the thing ...It costs about $25AU dollars to get a small parcel to the states which is way more than the cost of the pieces in a typical order and I could send probably 5 times as many pieces for the same postage cost. What would someone want to be paid to send out orders from over there I wonder and if anyone would be happy to do that? ANY suggestions welcome...

Brian

1 hour ago, bikermutt07 said:

I could definitely use them, especially for the dopp kits, but shipping from Australia would probably suck...lol

30 minutes ago, RockyAussie said:

Here's the thing ...It costs about $25AU dollars to get a small parcel to the states which is way more than the cost of the pieces in a typical order and I could send probably 5 times as many pieces for the same postage cost. What would someone want to be paid to send out orders from over there I wonder and if anyone would be happy to do that? ANY suggestions welcome...

Brian

lol, my thoughts exactly on the shipping, I'm not sure how intensive it would be to redistribute from here, but would be open to help out if possible.

24 minutes ago, koreric75 said:

lol, my thoughts exactly on the shipping, I'm not sure how intensive it would be to redistribute from here, but would be open to help out if possible.

I’m trying to figure out the cheapest packing protection in my head. I wonder what toilet paper tubes cost to ship?

1 hour ago, koreric75 said:

Thanks @koreric75 for the offer. I just checked your location and it looks to be fairly much middling on the map. I have no idea location wise if that is good or bad for distribution. I have not had much in the way of feed back nor lots of orders either as yet so I doubt it would be much trouble to start with. I have not really done much to show off how they can be used in various ways to suit the applications either yet though. I have been playing around improving this laser I have been building and that has taken up a lot of my spare time lately. One good thing is I found it laser prints well on the pla which means I would not have to get the printer to print in the Made in Australia part on the run and that would save a lot of the printing time. At any rate think about it and give me some idea what $ you think it would be worth to pack a little box and address it to the buyer and post it if you could. I will have a look into the postage costs here and work out some recommended size and numbers  of pieces for people to purchase in a kit so to speak. Just very roughly I am thinking about $2.00 to $2.50 au a piece which would probably make up into average kit of about $20.00 to $30.00 plus postage and costs. What are your thoughts?

If koreric is unable to do this, I am willing to assist with redistribution.

YinTx

Or another option is  @RockyAussie sells or makes his files available to someone in the USA to print a bunch and sell / distribute in the USA.  @YinTx have you bought a 3d printer yet?  And there are others here that have.  Just a thought for you all to kick around.

Tom

2 hours ago, Northmount said:

Or another option is  @RockyAussie sells or makes his files available to someone in the USA to print a bunch and sell / distribute in the USA.  @YinTx have you bought a 3d printer yet?  And there are others here that have.  Just a thought for you all to kick around.

Tom

Uwe checked into it already. He had problems getting the tolerances close enough to stand behind.

Just information.

19 hours ago, YinTx said:

If koreric is unable to do this, I am willing to assist with redistribution.

YinTx

Thanks @YinTx I will keep it in mind.

6 hours ago, Northmount said:

Tom

Hi Tom, I have already loaded the files for people to use right at the start in this post. As Uwe found it takes a while to get a printer to print out a file the way that you want and he did not actually trial the product by doing any zips with it. The curve he was worried about though a lot more than how mine printed out would not have mattered in practice anyway as once it is applied onto the zip it straightens up anyway. The redesign version he did shown earlier in this post would resist folding down which would be undesirable when feeding over a sewing machine like a cylinder machine you want it to flow along with the rest of the job as it goes through. Note in the pictures below how the links straighten out but can still flex if needed. What I am hoping to do is make available at an affordable price well made pieces for those that do not have printers or could not be bothered to print them for themselves. 

DSC03838_resize.JPG

DSC03839_resize.JPG