Took me long enough.  Custom tooled cover for an IPad, all Hermann Oak Leather, saddle stitched.

MikesIPad3LoRes.thumb.jpeg.69dba05b0f576cae1f289fc2cc2dd6a3.jpeg

MikesIPad2LoRes.thumb.jpeg.32ec7e48a936f88807dc313fe7cdbc8e.jpeg

YinTx

Looks about perfect to me Yin.

Nice

Very nice!

Perfectly aligned basketweave, perfect …    

In a nutshell:   I like everything about the cover!

Yes fantastic. I would also like to see i side and how that all looks and wotks.

Looks great.

Wow, thanks for all the positives!  I started this one last year, and took me a while to get around to finishing.  Thank the Lord, I had a _Very_ patient customer.

I don't have the IPad to show it installed, but yes, held top and bottom only.  I told him it was no Otter Box, and shouldn't be tossed around as such.  He doesn't normally use any cover for his IPad, so anything was an improvement.

These are the detail photos of the inside that I was able to get.  Access points for all the buttons and ports, and vented for the speaker and opening for the front facing camera only.

IPadCoverInsideLoRes.thumb.jpeg.276a46b83de534fa019affe7edd96630.jpeg

IPadCoverInside2LoRes.thumb.jpeg.c59fc7fc85f625326629bd3c6ea5dec4.jpeg

IPadCoverInside3LoRes.thumb.jpeg.dd0e14c6235fd8262071afa2bf17d415.jpeg

YinTx

Wow, incredible work! The three panel construction reminds me of the Bible cover you did (and which I emulated... :Lighten:) Very nice!

Very nice work!

Very nice.  Like the venting and access holes for functionality.

Looks great! I especially like the consistency in the basket weave on the back panel - Intentional or unintentional, the texturing on the back will allow a little more friction for a better grip too.

Only thing I would consider doing differently is maybe burnishing some of those longer edges on the interior pockets but I could also see someone wanting those to be left raw too.

22 hours ago, Riem said:

Wow, incredible work! The three panel construction reminds me of the Bible cover you did (and which I emulated... :Lighten:) Very nice!

Thanks, and I remember your bible, as I recall you did pretty nice work with limited materials.

8 hours ago, DpMaquilon said:

That looks great and very functional thanks for the follow up pictures and great job on the construction.

Thanks, I went through three iterations before I was happy with the results.  Used about 10 + square feet of Hermann Oak on the previous versions.  Needless to say, this meant I lost money on the deal, but hey, happy customer, right?

8 hours ago, ABHandmade said:

Very nice work!

Appreciate that!

3 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Very nice.  Like the venting and access holes for functionality.

Thank you.  Haven't heard back from the guy yet, I hope they work as intended.

2 hours ago, blink1688 said:

Looks great! I especially like the consistency in the basket weave on the back panel - Intentional or unintentional, the texturing on the back will allow a little more friction for a better grip too.

Only thing I would consider doing differently is maybe burnishing some of those longer edges on the interior pockets but I could also see someone wanting those to be left raw too.

He had requested the basket for the look, I had hoped it would help with grip.  He does weddings, etc also with the IPad, so he'd be standing and holding it.  I did burnish the long edges well, along with dye, the shorter edges were lightly burnished and not dyed.  Square hole just was what it was, and round holes I burnished best I could.  Short edges you don't really see at all when the IPad is inserted, so I spent enough time on them to make them nice and not perfect.  Perhaps if I sell another full price, yes I'd put more effort into the hidden edges.  Actually, I think I'd do a different retention system altogether.

YinTx

On 8/21/2018 at 1:25 AM, YinTx said:

Wow, thanks for all the positives!  I started this one last year, and took me a while to get around to finishing.  Thank the Lord, I had a _Very_ patient customer.

I don't have the IPad to show it installed, but yes, held top and bottom only.  I told him it was no Otter Box, and shouldn't be tossed around as such.  He doesn't normally use any cover for his IPad, so anything was an improvement.

These are the detail photos of the inside that I was able to get.  Access points for all the buttons and ports, and vented for the speaker and opening for the front facing camera only.

IPadCoverInsideLoRes.thumb.jpeg.276a46b83de534fa019affe7edd96630.jpeg

Is this just two pieces of leather stuck/sewn together? How does one get the cover to be stiff like a book?