Crispin

Kydex/Leather Gorget

Made a Gorget yesterday.  I laminated a piece of Kydex inside each piece to add strength and rigidity.   Its strong light and I put an Antique finish for a nice look.

No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

Is the toaster oven for Pop-Tarts?

Clearly that is not a toaster over, it is a Kydex warmer. Highly scientific piece of equipment! :)

Very nice! I like the idea of kydex as the core of your leather armor, strong and rigid without adding much weight.

And you just straight up drilled through the leather and kydex for the copper rivets?

45 minutes ago, kiwican said:

And you just straight up drilled through the leather and kydex for the copper rivets?

I bet that's what he did. I've some armor bits where I punched the holes in the leather first, then marked the holes in the Kydex, and drilled the holes through the Kydex. 

On 9/8/2018 at 6:30 PM, kiwican said:

Actually this kydex .093 I was able to just use a standard hole punch, but I have also drilled it.  I can also use the Cobra class 4 and stitch through the leather and kydex.