Hi Everyone, I know the 111W is really popular, but I'm wondering if there is a good comprehensive listing or history on the model variations that someone can point me to.  I'm considering a Singer 111W113 that's quite a bit of distance away from me, and I'm wondering if it's worth picking up.  Here are the listing photos:

https://imgur.com/a/94YcVXW

The only info I have so far is that it "runs well, and includes many spools of thread" since I've only just contacted the owner.

Thanks in advance for any help.

It usually comes down to price. Do you know that yet? Something I never considered, but do you have the vehicle capable of picking it up? It is heavy and bulky sitting like that.

The current asking price is $250, and I'd probably at least be taking apart the legs, I would think. 

I could also probably borrow my brother's massive SUV, or take disassembly further and fit it into my wife's Rav4

The price seems reasonable for around here anyway. Think you could get your money back out of it, if you decide to get rid of it later. 

That said what do you want the machine to do for you? If you are wanting it only to sew leather, this may not be what you want/need.  

It would be for heavier duty leather work, like upholstery because there aren't really any couches/sofas out there that are designed to my liking that aren't thousands of dollars. Also my brother has similar ideas so we'd both be getting use out of it. 

He also bought a nice bolt of upholstery leather that we've been dying to work on. 

Also he's getting into some metal work, and could probably use leather details to his designs. 

I've also considered getting into some raw denim jeans and some outdoor furniture and fabric designs. 

I'm going to be inheriting a Singer 237 for much of the lighter weight stuff, as well as probably some lightweight denim. 

Edited by Londonfog

Take the head out of the table & it'll fit in your wifes RAV4 by laying it down on the backside.

9 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Take the head out of the table & it'll fit in your wifes RAV4 by laying it down on the backside.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant the first step would be, then to remove the legs if necessary, lol

3 hours ago, Londonfog said:

Hi Everyone, I know the 111W is really popular, but I'm wondering if there is a good comprehensive listing or history on the model variations that someone can point me to.  I'm considering a Singer 111W113 that's quite a bit of distance away from me, and I'm wondering if it's worth picking up.  Here are the listing photos:

https://imgur.com/a/94YcVXW

The only info I have so far is that it "runs well, and includes many spools of thread" since I've only just contacted the owner.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Singer 111w113.JPG

21 minutes ago, CowboyBob said:

Singer 111w113.JPG

Awesome info! Thanks for that. At 72 pounds it can also pull double duty for my workout routine. 

I've moved one or two of these types of things :rolleyes2:. Remove the head, remove the motor (assuming it's a clutch as they're heavy!), dismantle the legs and it all fits into the back of my Subaru XV with the seats down, of course. So should fit in a RAV4. Take along some old blankets etc for padding.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, dikman said:

I've moved one or two of these types of things :rolleyes2:. Remove the head, remove the motor (assuming it's a clutch as they're heavy!), dismantle the legs and it all fits into the back of my Subaru XV with the seats down, of course. So should fit in a RAV4. Take along some old blankets etc for padding.

Once motor is removed place in bag and recycle it.  You will want a Servo motor.  That is a good looking machine. 

On 8/22/2018 at 3:27 PM, Yetibelle said:

Once motor is removed place in bag and recycle it.  You will want a Servo motor.  That is a good looking machine. 

Ha, I will probably struggle with the Clutch motor until it becomes frustrating enough for me to upgrade.

I was able to get some more photos, and will likely be picking it up this weekend, so fingers crossed!

More Photos:

https://imgur.com/a/TrAOqyH