malabar

Wholesale source for high-quality buckles

We make a couple of hundred gunbelts a year. They're extremely heavy duty and made of top-quality bridle leather, veg-tan and kydex.  We've been buying our buckles from Buckleguy, which has very high-quality, handcast buckles of solid brass. 

The  problem is they don't have a very wide selection. I'd love to get some buckles that are a little more elegant, or even some that are forged steel or graphite.  But I cannot find other wholesale sources that are of similar quality. 

I've looked at Ohio Travel Bag, but their quality is all over the place. 

Where can I find some really cool, high-quality buckles? 

I picked up some solid stainless buckles from Weaver Leather supply, they are from China, but seem decent quality.   Price is not exactly "wholesale," but decent buckles worth looking at.  

YinTx

You keep posting this.  Maybe check your browser?

When I posted it gave me an error and told me the post had not gone through. So I reposted.  I've hidden the duplicates.

21 minutes ago, YinTx said:

I picked up some solid stainless buckles from Weaver Leather supply, they are from China, but seem decent quality.   Price is not exactly "wholesale," but decent buckles worth looking at.  

YinTx

We're paying $4 a pop from buckleguy, so Weaver's price doesn't bother me.  But the ones I've seen from weaver don't look as good as the ones I'm getting now.  

Well, I don't know what your buckles look like, so here is a hi res photo of some of the ones I have.  They come in brass also.  These are the hand polished stainless steel versions.  At least you can take a gander at them and see if they are what you are looking for.  Ones on the right show made in Taiwan, the rest in China.

YinTx

PolishedBuckles.thumb.jpg.8b21985c5dc8540e9d6cc85414ed6d5b.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I'll check them out.