A custom order to be used in a Larp ( live action roleplaying game ) here in Sweden.

Took about 40 hours all and all.

The entire build is from Vegetable tanned leather. Patterns, colors and patina grew up throughout the build and it´s fully sealed for use outdoors in rain and the cold.

20180427_151824.jpg

20180427_144923.jpg

20180427_152235.jpg

That is a lot of work!  Fantastic!  I like the use of the tri-weave for the border, and the battle cuts on the front.  Whoever gets to use that is going to look awesome!

YinTx

2 minutes ago, YinTx said:

That is a lot of work!  Fantastic!  I like the use of the tri-weave for the border, and the battle cuts on the front.  Whoever gets to use that is going to look awesome!

YinTx

Thank you Sir =) Was a good feel to hand it over to the customer, and it´s been in action once already. Next ones are going to be more historical correct and in the Viking era =)

Awesome!

It amazes me the expense and effort some people will go to for historical re-enactments and LARP! I am sure they paid a pretty penny for your gorgeous chest piece!

34 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Awesome!

It amazes me the expense and effort some people will go to for historical re-enactments and LARP! I am sure they paid a pretty penny for your gorgeous chest piece!

Thank you =) 

That setup costed around 900 EURO, and since it´s in all vegetable tanned leather, a fair amount of that cost is the material. I´m about to start making historical accurate shoes and boots this winter as well so bought myself an antique shoemaker machine to go from armors to other parts of such a setup. The craft never ends to amaze oneself in how much has been lost in time, so when one finds a patters that works or you create one from scratch...the feel is incredible. Knowledge is wealth =)

Did that include the cost of the fur? (Can't tell just what kind of critter it's from.) Made me immediately think of Eddard Stark from Game of Thrones!

And was the 900 Euros your cost, or what you charged the your customer?

21 minutes ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Did that include the cost of the fur? (Can't tell just what kind of critter it's from.) Made me immediately think of Eddard Stark from Game of Thrones!

And was the 900 Euros your cost, or what you charged the your customer?

The 900 Euros did not include the fur, but It was what the customer payed for the creation of the chestpiece and the belt.  One of those furs would end up at around 100 - 150 Euros ( Raindeer )  

38 minutes ago, kiwican said:

Thats impressive

Thank you very much =)

Is that a reindeer cape?

17 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

Is that a reindeer cape?

It is indeed. Quite a big one, and warm enough for winter.

‘“Winter is coming.”

17 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

‘“Winter is coming.”

I thank you for that comparison =)

Showed my son.... guess what he wants old Dad to make now.

Thats a beautifle piece of work. Wow.

That is a gorgeous piece of work! I can't help but wonder what they will be wearing for pants though.

3 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

That is a gorgeous piece of work! I can't help but wonder what they will be wearing for pants though.

The customer was dressed in a form of linen pants, and the belt will ahead be added with a cloth draping around him, open in the front. And also thank you =)

Is it me or did you add a splattered blood effect on the shoulders? Nice work, I love it:rockon:

5 minutes ago, DarkGoku said:

Is it me or did you add a splattered blood effect on the shoulders? Nice work, I love it:rockon:

Good eyes ;) I sure did. All items i create has the options of getting a battle worn patina, and in this case i added some smaller blood splatter part from the cuts grit. Thank you for the appreciation =)

You have a great eye for detail, I look forward to seeing more of your work here:) Truly inspiring B)

1 minute ago, DarkGoku said:

You have a great eye for detail, I look forward to seeing more of your work here:) Truly inspiring B)

Thank you =)

As soon as my wolfmask is done i´l post that one as well, and this winter it´s time for viking shoes among other things. Very kind of you to say so :rolleyes:

Post a tutorial on the shoes!

Yes! Please!

Nice job. I'm loving the Sheridan leather tooling on your paultrons. Like a nod to the future(past?) Is that yellow or white acrylic paint in the double lines by the tri-weave border?

Does the double ranger belt attach to the  cuirass or is it a stand-alone belt for sword and/or axe?

and finally... LOL,  How man hours do you think you have from start to finish?

You should change your profile from " Specialty:Armour mostly but no pro. " to " Specialty:Armour. "

Great work!

Nicely executed.

14 hours ago, plinkercases said:

Showed my son.... guess what he wants old Dad to make now.

Thats a beautiful piece of work. Wow.

Oh dear. You're in trouble now!  :lol: