andrewsejlv

A few wallets and notebook covers

Here are a few recent pieces I worked on, including some wallets, notebook covers, and some pads for a new stitching pony!

xhNbLdd.jpg

xeSL0HX.jpg

NBQDeQY.jpg

nVsDXMB.jpg

CAmSPvu.jpg

5vo2URO.jpg

2HQweGn.jpg

sb9YrGC.jpg

LZkemct.jpg

Nd37m8b.jpg

vhGIsUK.jpg

lb4ihvh.jpg

3el5rPo.jpg

YNi58Q2.jpg

EbZBgvb.jpg

Lookin' good! Nice stitching.

Clean as usual. Very nice. Where did you get that stitching pony! I need a better one. I have the tandy one and it works ok, but has a stupid threaded barrel that goes through it and is too high, I can't fit certain things in it. 

34 minutes ago, andrewsejlv said:

Here are a few recent pieces I worked on, including some wallets, notebook covers, and some pads for a new stitching pony!

xhNbLdd.jpg

xeSL0HX.jpg

NBQDeQY.jpg

nVsDXMB.jpg

CAmSPvu.jpg

5vo2URO.jpg

2HQweGn.jpg

sb9YrGC.jpg

LZkemct.jpg

Nd37m8b.jpg

vhGIsUK.jpg

lb4ihvh.jpg

3el5rPo.jpg

YNi58Q2.jpg

EbZBgvb.jpg

Beautiful stitching.. Did you use the single or double needle method?

I love simple well made clean looking leatherwork like this. Well done. Can I ask what thickness leather this is?

Very well designed and executed.

3 hours ago, andrewsejlv said:

EbZBgvb.jpg

I love this leather.  What kind is it?  and are those... round holes for stitching?

YinTx

6 hours ago, Stetson912 said:

Clean as usual. Very nice. Where did you get that stitching pony! I need a better one. I have the tandy one and it works ok, but has a stupid threaded barrel that goes through it and is too high, I can't fit certain things in it. 

Ditch the threaded barrel... get you some quick clamps :)

This is mine, same tandy pony.

@andrewsejlv beautiful stuff, I love the contrast.

I need to get a laser cutter. Really nice looking work @andrewsejlv!

Pretty pony! Beautiful stitching! Gorgeous edges!

On 8/21/2018 at 1:42 PM, Stetson912 said:

Thanks! The stitching pony is from DreamFactoryKR https://www.etsy.com/listing/583248914/leather-clampleather-craft-toolstitching?ref=listing-shop-header-1 

I love this thing, and couldn't be happier with my purchase. I'm putting aside funds for the larger floor model clamp now!

On 8/21/2018 at 1:56 PM, BrotherRon said:

Beautiful stitching.. Did you use the single or double needle method?

Thanks! I use double needle

On 8/21/2018 at 3:44 PM, Dunluce said:

I love simple well made clean looking leatherwork like this. Well done. Can I ask what thickness leather this is?

Most of my leatherwork is done in the 2-4oz range.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:50 PM, plinkercases said:

Very well designed and executed.

Thanks!

On 8/21/2018 at 4:39 PM, YinTx said:

I love this leather.  What kind is it?  and are those... round holes for stitching?

YinTx

Horween Rancho Brown Essex, 4oz. And they are technically diamonds, but basically round when you account for the laser cutter's kerf.

On 8/21/2018 at 9:05 PM, battlemunky said:

I need to get a laser cutter. Really nice looking work @andrewsejlv!

Thanks! I'm using a modified K40 laser (The dirt cheap chinese type), so it's well withing reach!

On 8/21/2018 at 10:38 PM, ScoobyNewbie said:

Pretty pony! Beautiful stitching! Gorgeous edges!

Thanks!

Your attention to detail and finish is superb, anyone can make a simple thing, but few can make them perfect like you have done, I would be proud to own one and have no chance of making one myself to that standard. Life is to short

1 hour ago, andrewsejlv said:

Horween Rancho Brown Essex, 4oz.

Neat, thanks for that info!  I'll have to look for a piece some time to try out!  I really like how it looks for your work.

YinTx

On 8/27/2018 at 12:12 PM, chrisash said:

Your attention to detail and finish is superb, anyone can make a simple thing, but few can make them perfect like you have done, I would be proud to own one and have no chance of making one myself to that standard. Life is to short

Thank you for the kind words! 

On 8/27/2018 at 12:56 PM, YinTx said:

Neat, thanks for that info!  I'll have to look for a piece some time to try out!  I really like how it looks for your work.

YinTx

If you wanted a piece to play around with (1-2 sqft), I'd be more than happy to cut you off a piece from the hide that I have and send it your way. 

4 hours ago, andrewsejlv said:

If you wanted a piece to play around with (1-2 sqft), I'd be more than happy to cut you off a piece from the hide that I have and send it your way. 

Generous offer, I'll take you up on it if you will take some type of leather in trade.  Anything in that range you would be interested in?  I have Horween, Wickett and Craig, Hermann Oak, etc., even could consider Barenia...

YinTx

Great looking stuff. Can you tell us more about the laser. I had thought you were using a nice laser thru a co-op?

And are you cutting out the pieces with the laser or just using it for stitching?

1 hour ago, YinTx said:

Generous offer, I'll take you up on it if you will take some type of leather in trade.  Anything in that range you would be interested in?  I have Horween, Wickett and Craig, Hermann Oak, etc., even could consider Barenia...

YinTx

I'll shoot you a PM, and we can work something out. I'm always interested in trying some new leathers.

20 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Great looking stuff. Can you tell us more about the laser. I had thought you were using a nice laser thru a co-op?

And are you cutting out the pieces with the laser or just using it for stitching?

I was using a higher end Trotec laser for a while, but lost access to it when the local makerspace went bankrupt. I now use a cheap K40 with a few simple mods, and it's working great! In total I've got about $400 into it, and couldn't be happier. I can make a dedicated post about it if people are interested, but the basic list of changes is:

- Added air assist

-Added a steel mesh bed (removed existing bed)

-Upgraded cooling pump, and using ice packs to cool the water going through the tube

I use the laser for cutting the outline, cutting the stitching holes, and engraving.

really love you edges too

23 minutes ago, andrewsejlv said:

-Added a steel mesh bed (removed existing bed)

curious as to why you use a mesh? and what type of mesh?

thanks

Lew

I'd love to learn about the laser. Especially if it works well and is cheap. As I am a poor white boy haha!

@andrewsejlv , color me interested. Thanks.

53 minutes ago, Stetson912 said:

I'd love to learn about the laser. Especially if it works well and is cheap. As I am a poor white boy haha!

You and me both, brother.

Wow, looks very nice. I love the design and two tone of your minimalist wallets. Definitely interested in the laser cutting. It looks so clean.