I finally got around to making myself a belt.  I think belts are about my favorite thing to make.  This is the 4th belt I've made.  It makes me happy to wear it because i know I made it myself.

Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.06.55 AM.png

Very nice! I have to admit I've got more than a few belts also. Does that buckle have a regular pin, or a protrusion from the end of the buckle?

Jeff

Very nice, great tooling and color.

I like it. there is a stylized nature to the tooling which is cool and simple but good looking.

Thanks, ya'll!  I appreciate it.  Jeff, the buckle is one of the Laramie buckles from Tandy.  I guess it's a center bar buckle?  Here's a better shot of the buckle.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 3.38.09 AM.png

I see, it was the fitted recess for the pin that made it look like it was the spur type. Nice buckle. Nice belt, too!

Thanks for the pic.

Jeff

Very nice looking belt.  Making a oak leaf belt is on my list of things to do someday.  Yours looks great.

Thanks so much, guys!  

See, I would have way over stamped the background.... You sir, did not. I think that looks great. How thick is it in total, two layers of 8 oz summing to 16 or around there? It's a beast and looks great. I have one in work awaiting thread, it's my first so I'm just keeping it simple with a belt and a liner.

Very clean looking, and tooled nice

Thanks!  I appreciate it!  Battlemunky, it's about 15-16 oz.  It's pretty thick but it's pretty comfortable anyway.  I don't even notice it.  Looking forward to seeing your belt!

Thanks!  I appreciate it!  I used back 4 to condition it after carving.  Then I used Tan Kote, Fiebing's Sheridan Antique, then more Tan Kote.  After all that dried, I used a little Atom Wax.  I just used saddle soap and water for slicking the edges, along with some chocolate brown pro dye.

Jack