I haven't posted anything in a while, and remember I do not do these for anyone but my self. Let me know how I can make it better.

1911.1.2.jpg.8d6bf7ce92ba6ee4481a003d8c915066.jpg1911.1.1.jpg.aa787680eb5cb2a54869eb473b022a72.jpg

I can't see a whole lot of detail in your images, but it looks like a very functional holster.  One thing I see that might help is smoothing out your edges.  Try sanding them smooth, then burnishing them.  There are a tom of posts anout burnishing techniques on this site.

Looks like a Will Ghormley pattern from his 1911 pack.

If it is how did you like working with it? I have the pack but have not gotten into it.

That is exactly where it came from. It was easy to work with. I am still not all that great at cutting straight lines.  I should have sanded it before I put it together.  That was my first attempt at carving. I saw the Lee Marvin Rig that Regis D did, that may be my next attempt. I so have a thing for 1911s.

I think with practice you'll get a lot of the issues figured out. Smoothing is the first word that came to mind when I saw it though. I'm still a fledgling at carving so I can only really help a little in saying that casing and a sharp knife are key to crisp tooling work.

Yes sir! I've used that pattern it's a good one.   If your asking for suggestions, I agree with the others, fine tune the edges. Overall it look great.