I am looking for anyone selling a Rein Rounder preferably with mounting feet.

Try Bruce Johnson, he sells all sorts of old leather working tools. https://brucejohnsonleather.com/

One thing I can tell you for sure is they are an expensive tool no matter where you buy one.

6 hours ago, Ed in Tx said:

Try Bruce Johnson, he sells all sorts of old leather working tools. https://brucejohnsonleather.com/

One thing I can tell you for sure is they are an expensive tool no matter where you buy one.

Thank you.

Yes you start to see that the more times go by. The better tools tend to cost a lot more, but for some of them it really is a noticeable difference. This one i have no experience with but i need to be able to make round reins so... out of options i guess =)

I have zero experience with it or any other rein rounder but Weaver sells theirs through the Amazon global store. To the UK it's £190 including shipping and customs fees.

Why do your reins need to be rounded? When I was a kid, they were always just squared off? Is it a new “thing”? 

Lol. One a them there new fangelty thangs? 

11 hours ago, Matt S said:

I have zero experience with it or any other rein rounder but Weaver sells theirs through the Amazon global store. To the UK it's £190 including shipping and customs fees.

Sounds good, thank you. Will look in to it.

7 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

Why do your reins need to be rounded? When I was a kid, they were always just squared off? Is it a new “thing”? 

Lol. One a them there new fangelty thangs? 

It´s for armor and corsets. Also, some items that does not have eyelets inserted receives less stress and tear in the holes if it´s rounded. 

Are they just straps then, to connect and support? Not horse reins?

Do you need large diameter rounds? Old style leather belting can be purchased economically in a near round state up to 1/2" or 13 mm. All  you would have to do is sand it smooth and burnish it. May save you some time if the rounds will work. 

Go well Sir   

5 hours ago, Grihm said:

Sounds good, thank you. Will look in to it.

It´s for armor and corsets. Also, some items that does not have eyelets inserted receives less stress and tear in the holes if it´s rounded. 

Grihm,

If that is what you are wanting a rein rounder for you may be very disappointed. I don't know how small you are wanting to make the diameter of the item but you might be better off having something made specific to your needs. If you had a piece of steel plate and drilled a couple of holes the diameter you needed and then have the holes beveled it might work better and cost less.

A rein rounder opens up to allow for larger size material you may not need that if your doing something smaller.

Just a thought.. I'm basically cheap and always look for an alternative if I can save a buck. 

12 hours ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

Are they just straps then, to connect and support? Not horse reins?

Not for horses but for armors, bracers, corsets etc.

7 hours ago, Ed in Tx said:

Grihm,

If that is what you are wanting a rein rounder for you may be very disappointed. I don't know how small you are wanting to make the diameter of the item but you might be better off having something made specific to your needs. If you had a piece of steel plate and drilled a couple of holes the diameter you needed and then have the holes beveled it might work better and cost less.

A rein rounder opens up to allow for larger size material you may not need that if your doing something smaller.

Just a thought.. I'm basically cheap and always look for an alternative if I can save a buck. 

Saving where you can is never wrong, and i appreciate all tips and ideas =)

11 hours ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

Do you need large diameter rounds? Old style leather belting can be purchased economically in a near round state up to 1/2" or 13 mm. All  you would have to do is sand it smooth and burnish it. May save you some time if the rounds will work. 

Go well Sir   

The plan is to become self sufficient in terms of all connected to the craft, even tanning. If the tool is affordable enough and i find a proper use often enough for it, i´l get it. Right now im in the research phase.  

did you ever find one?

3 hours ago, Northmount said:

Saw these indeed and it´s far the most interesting so far. Might even make my own eventually but a vintage one would be wonderful. Quite costly though, but useful.

17 hours ago, thunter9 said:

did you ever find one?

None yet so still stuck with my plastic one :/

i have a 11 hole c.s.osborne bench mount its what bruce is asking 275  i'll  take some pictures the logo is faded and ask 175 depends where you live,   wow sweden  that will run high what do you got to trade lol this might be a chore we'll see how this pans out

IMG_20180313_031957_hdr.jpg

40 minutes ago, thunter9 said:

i have a 11 hole c.s.osborne bench mount its what bruce is asking 275  i'll  take some pictures the logo is faded and ask 175 depends where you live,   wow sweden  that will run high what do you got to trade lol this might be a chore we'll see how this pans out

Hehe... yeah the taxes etc are not exactly a strawberry cake fest. If you look for something to trade for it, perhaps in way of tools or what not, let me know. 
Lot´s of expenses just now as new furniture etc became a priority, but il be sure to keep an eye out for this further ahead and if you still got it. Nice find =)