stormcrow

Photos with my new light box

I recently got a new toy so I thought I’d share a few shots with my new light box. First impressions are very positive it is working great; it has built in LED’s so no more setting up light tent and lights on stands etc. It  only takes a few seconds to set up and apart from applying a custom colour profile in lightroom these photos have been cropped and nothing else.

Hp4QIHc.jpg

OITFX6C.jpg

tZgR6N2.jpg

8WDJOuS.jpg

IlaNWOd.jpg

YkUpL4d.jpg

Great work. Beautiful photos. And apparently a quick way to take beautiful well lit photos. 

Would you share a photo of the light box? I am very interested in a box that sets up and breaks down that easily. Also what size is the box?  

Thank you for sharing

Gene

7 minutes ago, bullmoosepaddles said:

Great work. Beautiful photos. And apparently a quick way to take beautiful well lit photos. 

Would you share a photo of the light box? I am very interested in a box that sets up and breaks down that easily. Also what size is the box?  

Thank you for sharing

Gene

Its the Amazon Basics Photo Studio, here are a couple of links to youtube videos which show it in action 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hquUGEMdxWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0KDyOM8kHk

@stormcrow Thank you kindly. That is simple and easy. I am getting ready to downsize the wood shop and there will no longer be a space for a dedicated 48"x48" light tent and its support table. Those are really good photos. Thank you.  

Yep, now I need a light box.

I need one too. I've been using this cobbled up setup,  but it's a pain.

stormcrow, is it easy to put a seamless background in there to eliminate the seam at the junction of the back and floor? (In addition to colored backgrounds also.)

IMG_2983.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

Edited by alpha2

Ugh, this just reminds me how cobbled together my crappy setup is!

Looks amazing! The background looks seamless. 

The secret is to have a white paper of whatever, and gradually bend it up in the back. No folds, creases, or other artifacts.

On 8/24/2018 at 11:42 AM, stormcrow said:

I recently got a new toy so I thought I’d share a few shots with my new light box. First impressions are very positive it is working great; it has built in LED’s so no more setting up light tent and lights on stands etc. It  only takes a few seconds to set up and apart from applying a custom colour profile in lightroom these photos have been cropped and nothing else.

Hp4QIHc.jpg

OITFX6C.jpg

tZgR6N2.jpg

8WDJOuS.jpg

IlaNWOd.jpg

YkUpL4d.jpg

very good and clean work!

Edited by paloma

I bought one as well and really like it.  I am still playing around with camera settings to try to get it optimized.