Albob

Is this a top tension issue on my 111W155

I have a problem with making 90* turns on wallets and other light leather items. I'm sewing on a Singer 111W155 with servo motor conversion.

The corner thread is pulled to the inside of the turn It happens most of the time but not always. Picture attached.

Thank  in advance for your help and advice.

Fredo San Diego CA

corner issues.jpg

It looks like the top tension is already too tight, or the bobbin is too loose. That's why there are knots always visible just under the top surface. Try tightening the bobbin tension screw about 1 turn. If that doesn't help, back off the top tension nut.

Check the top thread path all the way from the spool itself to see if there is any thread binding along the way.

Thanks for the info Wizcraft, I re threaded the machine and added a little to the bobbin tension. Looks like it's working fine now.

I have a singer 111w153 If there is a way to tighten bobbin tension I can’t find it. Anyone familiar with this?

thanks in advance 

Butch

Open the sliding bobbin cover on the right side of the throat plate. Look at the shuttle and bobbin basket inside it. There is a tension spring on the outside of the bobbin basket, with a tiny adjustment screw near the middle and another on the right end that fastens the spring to the basket. If you hand wheel carefully you will expose the middle screw. Turn it clockwise to increase the bobbin thread tension. Turn it counterclockwise to loosen the tension, being careful to not totally unscrew it, or there will be trouble. Also, make sure you load the bobbins so they feed counterclockwise, against the direction of rotation of the hook.

Yes, the left of the two small screws. BTW, where is the spring and its screws?

Thank you 

I thought there was something missing. This is the way it was when I got it. Do you happen to have a picture of what it should look like?

Should be a tension spring and two screws.  The screws should be different from each other.

glenn