1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

I have looked at the pile of junk that needs to be moved out of my workshop to free-up some space ... does that make it as an "actual start"? :wacko:

Most assuredly, especially if you took a tea/coffee break afterwards

1 hour ago, Rockoboy said:

I have looked at the pile of junk that needs to be moved out of my workshop to free-up some space ... does that make it as an "actual start"? :wacko:

Absolutely! In fact, that is the loooongest phase!

47 minutes ago, fredk said:

Most assuredly

37 minutes ago, alpha2 said:

Absolutely!

That is way cool! I am almost half way ... to thinking about what I can do before making a decision! :lol:

Can't wait to show you my new leather working space...got pictures today, but no time to post them right now!

Yes, this means I am MOVING as of Dec. 3. The lady who owned the house had 3 different hobbies, and much of the house was converted to suit her needs. There is a HUGE sewing room in the basement with counters on both sides of the room. The room adjacent to it has one whole wall of shelves..there are SHELVES EVERYWHERE!!

Her other two hobbies were pottery making and stained glass. She had half of the garage insulated and heated so she could do her pottery out there.

Pictures later, got to run!

This change is coming none too soon. I picked up a 3/4 oz. veg tan side at Tandy's on the weekend for just $40, and my current storage space is TOO SMALL - it won't fit in!

So, I will be going from a century home that has almost no storage space, to a house that has more than I'll know what to do with! :yeah:

Edited by Sheilajeanne

7 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

, to a house that has more than I'll know what to do with! :yeah:

Haha...that's would I said years ago when I moved my business from a 900sqft apartment into a 3700sqft house. 6 months later...the only part of that space not dedicated to the business is the master bedroom and the kitchen.

9 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

Can't wait to show you my new leather working space...got pictures today, but no time to post them right now!

Yes, this means I am MOVING as of Dec. 3. The lady who owned the house had 3 different hobbies, and much of the house was converted to suit her needs. There is a HUGE sewing room in the basement with counters on both sides of the room. The room adjacent to it has one whole wall of shelves..there are SHELVES EVERYWHERE!!

Her other two hobbies were pottery making and stained glass. She had half of the garage insulated and heated so she could do her pottery out there.

Pictures later, got to run!

This change is coming none too soon. I picked up a 3/4 oz. veg tan side at Tandy's on the weekend for just $40, and my current storage space is TOO SMALL - it won't fit in!

So, I will be going from a century home that has almost no storage space, to a house that has more than I'll know what to do with! :yeah:

Congrats!  Looking forward to the pics.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, koreric75 said:

definitely making progress, looks good!

Nice looking area and that table top is nice! I'm building now and moving stuff around and in.

11 hours ago, Daviddm said:

Nice looking area and that table top is nice! I'm building now and moving stuff around and in.

Foot for foot, that maybe the heaviest granite I have handled. It felt like it was twice the thickness. We set in place and didn't even bother to silicone it down. I rapped on it a few times to see if it rattled. Just a dead thud.

The color is steel grey. I think it is more dense than even absolute black or Galaxy Black.

where is the pic?

On 11/25/2018 at 8:36 AM, koreric75 said:

definitely making progress, looks good!

On 11/24/2018 at 6:22 PM, bikermutt07 said:

Ok I am finally making some more progress.

The desk is gone and now I have a long narrow cutting area. Although it is covered with leather and supplies. Take notice of the french cleats above and storage below.82155DD8-BD4A-4134-9306-CF01144C1E68.jpeg

The right corner will become the power tool area, it will have to make do being a multi duty spot. Drill press, snap press, belt sander and the like.

Here is a picture of my main work station. Back wall got covered in French cleats.

DDF26536-7D5F-41C9-AAB5-D5DF1FFF084F.jpeg

I fabricated this top this morning. It is a super dense piece of steel grey granite. Very heavy even for granite.

And finally the consew 206rb-1 and the cowboy 3200.

34458980-BA69-4A0C-88D1-2F79917F136D.jpeg

Well, you can't really see them yet, but I promise they are there. Haha

Here ya go! They were hiding on the last page.

27 minutes ago, Mjolnir said:

where is the pic?

Good to see you back around. Make anything interesting lately?

wow! you have come so far! nice room.

51 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

Here ya go! They were hiding on the last page.

Good to see you back around. Make anything interesting lately?

a resin coated four leaf clover pendant. My wife and I found it on our wedding day. Also resin coated yeti cups. Creating a leather dreamcatcher now :)

@Mjolnir nice, and thanks.

P.s. it looks better now. I have stuff a little more organized.

Edited by bikermutt07

Update!! I can finally do a little work in here.....

909AAAFF-F231-4661-92A1-EC1590B81EB6.png

2BB10050-94E1-4175-A716-B78E3F31C2EE.png

And a few close ups....

I still have to build bases for these and a few other hand machines. Due to limited space I will have to set up a tool base bracket so I can interchange tools in the same space.

C2EF5584-1645-4BFA-9960-0F386163B410.png

Here is a shot of my organizers. These came from Home Depot at 20 bucks a pop. They are mounted on french cleats.

I still have to make tool holders for all my hand tools in the french cleats fashion. 

2B8E3144-542E-4A3F-BE94-DB5C57EB5E8A.png

Edited by bikermutt07

Looking far better thought out than my space is Mutt. Coming together really well my friend!

Just now, battlemunky said:

Looking far better thought out than my space is Mutt. Coming together really well my friend!

Perfection is paralysis, my friend.

Keep in mind I have been brooding over this for months upon months.

I still don't have a place for all the additions that have popped up since September.

I think my spray booth contraption will have to be built on the front porch due to the "champagne problems" presented by the cowboy and it's accompanists.

@bikermutt07 That is really shaping up! Love the idea of the tool holders on french cleats. 

33 minutes ago, VYO said:

@bikermutt07 That is really shaping up! Love the idea of the tool holders on french cleats. 

Thank you, Sir. It's not my idea though. French cleats really do assist in my ongoing quest for indecision.

Edited by bikermutt07

I also have more lighting to hang once I settle in. I have found you can't get too much light.

Ah, progress!

Were they having a special on dead blow hammers?

Jeff

3 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Ah, progress!

Were they having a special on dead blow hammers?

Jeff

Ha! Guy from Vegas gave me a mess of em when I bought the cowboy.

Looks good!

Fortunately or unfortunately, I realized that the greater the age of a person becomes, the more expensive his hobbies become) I now started to get involved in various models of watches and think back to carving on wood

42 minutes ago, EthanHolt said:

Fortunately or unfortunately, I realized that the greater the age of a person becomes, the more expensive his hobbies become) I now started to get involved in various models of watches and think back to carving on wood

Yeah, I have finally learned to rein myself in from passing interests. 

I have always dove headfirst into a new interest only to lose interest soon after.

Now, I think it through a little before diving in. 

I think I just like buying stuff.