dikman

Show us your printer.

I thought it might be an idea to have somewhere that those of us who own a 3D printer of some sort can show a photo or two of it and maybe brief details - make etc and anything relevant? One or two people have expressed an interest in them and it might be of some help to them. I'll post a photo of mine tomorrow, the bed is off at the moment while I make better adjusting nuts.

Here's my effort. It's a Tevo Tarantula kit (which is why it doesn't look neat and tidy as it's very difficult to run all those cables in a tidy fashion!). There are many kits available and a lot of them use perspex/acrylic for the framing pieces (which apparently works quite well) but I bought the Tevo because it uses extruded aluminium section for its framing. Rigidity is the key to using 3D printers, so mine is screwed to a baseboard, which also lets me move it around, and I fitted additional diagonal braces at the rear from the top to the back of the board. It's now very rigid. I've done a few mods, all the power normally goes through the main board (in front) including the heated bed, so I attached a box to one of the diagonals to use as a power distribution  and bought a MOSFET unit to feed the heated bed (it removes that heavy current drain away from the main board). The Z axis was fitted with a universal joint, rather than the springy thing that was supplied, and I printed a gimbal joint, this allows for any slight mis-alignment in the shaft and removes any possibility of Z banding. I have a kit on the way to fit a second Z drive unit on the other end as there is a very small amount of vertical play in the bar carrying the nozzle assembly so this will make sure it can't shift.

I may make a decent housing one day for the control board on top, but it's not a priority as it works well as it is.

Printer 1a.jpg

Printer 2a.jpg

Edited by dikman

I couldn’t upload my full Rez images without resizing so I’ll post someone else’s photo of the same machine. 

Prusa MK3 for me. I haven’t  done anything except add some harmonic dampeners to the motors and some cable guides. The machine already comes pretty fine tuned. Definitely suggest it for all levels of users. 

ED1C208F-BAF6-4B2C-95C4-D9257596C8F1.jpeg

Edited by ensitmike

This is my ender 3 I can only recommend it very highly as great results and only £150

Still learning Fusion 360 hense the test piece using the pipe command

Happy Christmas to all

ender-3.jpg

Testing-pipe-command-Fusion-.jpg

Here for what its worth is my trusty old prusa i3. Main mods I can think of are Saddles at the base to help keep steady....Threaded rods at back to keep gantry from the vibration movements.......Heavy wooden base to dampen vibration.....cork under the heated plate to keep better heat distribution. Fan at the side is just to cool off the job quicker when the job is finished to help get the job off the glass faster. The original glass got tooo scratched so I replaced it with a piece of mirror I cut to shape and it been in use for over a year and is still fine. I have another one slowly being made but I am working on a large 2.5watt laser project at the moment which I hope to get going this week sometime. Pic below ...will do a separate post showing how it can be used for making my product boxing with fold lines among other things like cutting leather etc.

Merry Christmas

DSC03713_resize.JPG

DSC04343_resize.JPG

DSC04360_resize.JPG

That butterfly is beautiful!

31 minutes ago, ScoobyNewbie said:

That butterfly is beautiful!

Dragonfly, and not my drawing design  just cleaned up for the laser work. It is for a bag made up for one of my staff along with a few others for Christmas. She provided the drawing she wanted and was happy with the result.

DSC06203.JPG

Love the bags what is the Al Paker white one made of?

15 hours ago, dikman said:

The laser project sounds interesting. More info would be nice IF you get the time.;)

Pictures and notes being taken as I go and still a ways to go ho ho.

12 hours ago, chrisash said:

Love the bags what is the Al Paker white one made of?

The Al Paker one is again one of the staffs ideas who is into them. She actually go me to do an AlPaker onto a stubby cooler(drink cosy) with the laser for her son. The wife was lucky to pick up some heavy drill type fabric with that design on it and the rest you can now see. The next one in from the left is for another staffs girlfriend who is a .........vegan so it is vinyl.:unsure:

Cool.