Silverd

Weaver self centering punch press

Hi All,

Anyone in Leather Land have, or ever use a Weaver type self centering belt punching press?  Looking for something like it or one exactly like it... used perhaps.  Opinions matter!  For Sale?

Many thanks yous in advance!

Silverd

5 hours ago, Silverd said:

Hi All,

Anyone in Leather Land have, or ever use a Weaver type self centering belt punching press?  Looking for something like it or one exactly like it... used perhaps.  Opinions matter!  For Sale?

Many thanks yous in advance!

Silverd

I hadn't seen this before, googled it and it looks pretty awesome, but @ $2200 I'll stick to my laminated templates...lol.  I did see the self centering belt punch guide for $60, I think that could be made with some nice lumber scraps and mod'd to suite your needs if you're inclined.

$1500 + 200 for each tool (wholesaler cost), so yes, a bit pricy...but tooling is made custom to spec and one must weigh the time saved per strap over the planned usage period of the tool and its initial cost against making straps by hand (with a template) to determine the investment value. Including scrap rate.   I think it's referred to as ROI??? in the manufacturing world!  Return On Investment. A lower cost home-crafted version could be a very viable alternative if it were made well as you suggest.  I mean, how many straps are we talking about?

Silverd