I did a blog post review of Texas Leather Dies.  I won't recreate it here, but the condensed version is --they are amazing.  Ten outta ten!

If you'd like the details, check it out on my website at https://www.BruceGibsonDesign.com

If you're in the market for clicker dies, mallet dies, etc., I highly recommend these folks.

They are also Leatherworker.net supporters.  Awesome all-around!

AAA TEXAS CUSTOM DIES SLOT BAG PUNCH DIE--AUG 29 2018.jpg

I agree with you completely.  Anything else is uncivilized.

The cutting edge on that mallet die/slot punch looks really rough and banged up.  How long have you been using it for it to get in that condition?

Also, a lot of well known makers out there like Osborne, Blanchard, etc make this type of punch, any comparison to them on price/performance?  

YinTx

I don't find Osborne tools anywhere near the quality they used to be.  I know punches need to be sharpened, but I shouldn't have to sharpen it BEFORE I use it.

I have some dies - including mallet punches - from TX and they have been good. 

Lately, I also recommend Sandy 'n' friends at http://intdieco.com/index.html  Great service - the dies are always quick, reasonably priced, solid, sharp, and spot on size.

ETA:  Been braggin' on Sandy 'n' friends for long enough, thought I better send her a note, ask if it's okay if I put their link up on my site. ;)

Edited by JLSleather