d72hemi

What is this "fur/leather" this machine for?

I am going to be near this machine tomorrow, and for 20 Euro, it is cheap. If I had to guess it is for seams on light leather and fur items like gloves, but that is just my uneducated guess. If they listed the model I would look it up myself. 

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/alte-pfaff-pelz-leder-naehmaschine-mit-unterschrank/934199453-240-405

The translation is:

"Old Pfaff fur / leather sewing machine with base cabinet"

"Sell here an old sewing machine from Pfaff with base cabinet. She runs on the pedal when kicking. 

Pick up in 66539 Neunkirchen / Saar"

Edited by d72hemi
Oops, forgot the link

Here are two pictures of the Pfaff in that Ebay auction, just to preserve it for posterity here on LW. Auctions tend to disappear along with their pictures.

Screen Shot 2018-08-31 at 4.14.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-31 at 4.16.54 PM.png

It's for sewing fur and other "hairy" materials, similar to this Bonis:

They can also be used for sewing certain operations on shoes, like the modern Strobel in this video (with annoying music)

. . . and Neoprene:

Edited by Uwe

18 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Here are two pictures of the Pfaff in that Ebay auction, just to preserve it for posterity here on LW. Auctions tend to disappear along with their pictures. 

Thanks for uploading the pictures and video. With this information, I messaged the seller and will hopefully be picking it up when I go to Homburg (misspelt the first post) when I go there tomorrow.

45 minutes ago, alexitbe said:

I wouldn't bother... The guy has been messing me around for days..

.But if you can get it... Why not?

That sucks.  He told me that it is reserved until early next week and to contact him then.  I will give him one more chance then move on. 

These machines are a must have for repairing fur coats.

15 hours ago, d72hemi said:

That sucks.  He told me that it is reserved until early next week and to contact him then.  I will give him one more chance then move on. 

Ha ha.. .He said something similar to me except it was reserved for only one day.... Anyway, I am out and not interested in it anymore...  If you look at his other items for sale, they are all 20 VBH... So I think he is running some sort of auction between the interested parties, but without them knowing it...  

If you can get it for 20 Euros then you will have a bargain.  As Wizcraft said, it is for sewing fur and the stitches are protected from being broken by a lining. Since its is a sort of a single thread chain stitch, it unravels very quickly if it breaks....   It cannot be used for much else...

Cheers

Alex

Hallo, das ist eine sogenannte "Stobelmaschine", die Naht besteht nur aus einem Faden mit den die beiden Teile verbunden werden, also eine Überwendlichtnaht (hat den Nachteil dass die Naht relativ leicht aufgezogen werden kann). Damit werden Pelze genäht, oder auch in der Schuhfertigung die fertigen Schäfte mit einer Zwischensohle vernäht. Das Nähgut wird zwischen die zwei Scheiben eingeklemmt und kann bei Nähen (in Kurven zum Beispiel) gestaucht oder gestreckt werden. Wenn die Maschine funktioniert ist 20,- geschenkt...

IMG_20180904_110921.png

joergfbernhard

Das Forum ist international, besser in Engisch schreiben ;)

this is an international forum, better write in English

6 hours ago, Constabulary said:

joergfbernhard

Das Forum ist international, besser in Engisch schreiben ;)

this is an international forum, better write in English

It is okay to type in German if all involved in the conversation read German. We can translate if we want to.

1 hour ago, Wizcrafts said:

It is okay to type in German if all involved in the conversation read German. We can translate if we want to.

Thanks Wizcrafts, normally I don't have any problem with writing in English, just in this case it's about a machine literally in my neighborhood here in Germany, and like you said, almost all people involved in this discussion seem to be/ understand German. Thanks for kind understanding! 

Ha ha - haven´t even noticed all posters are Krauts or live in Kraut Land :lol: Never mind ;)

Edited by Constabulary

6 minutes ago, Constabulary said:

Ha ha - haven´t even noticed all posters are Krauts or live in Kraut Land :lol: Never mind ;)

Sometimes it helps to check out people's profiles (coz sometimes they even divulge their location...).

The seller said the person who he was holding it for picked it up Monday night. He did offer to let me look at the singer 191 that he has for sale while I was in the area today but I turned that down since I could not use it.

I will just have to keep my eyes open for another one with a good price.

Since most of you are in country; are there any shipping companies that will pick up items like sewing machines and pack them from residences? I know a few in the US but have not found any here yet.