chrisash

Tredle for singer 29k

Have opportunity to buy the complete tredle table for singer 29 but need to know the weight of it without the sewing machine for shipment, can anyone advise please

The 29 series cast iron base for the short arm models weighs about 100 pounds, plus or minus. The base for the long arm is about 25 to 30 pounds more.

Wiz you are a most useful member of this forum, a answer in about 2 min at this time of night

Unfortunately most of our couriers only carry up the 32 kilo under health and safety so looks like a no go and about a three hour drive each way its up for sale at £30 about $24 of your money

2 hours ago, chrisash said:

Wiz you are a most useful member of this forum, a answer in about 2 min at this time of night

Unfortunately most of our couriers only carry up the 32 kilo under health and safety so looks like a no go and about a three hour drive each way its up for sale at £30 about $24 of your money

Have them ship it in pieces. The top unbolts and can be shipped separate. The two sides can ship together and then all the other smaller pieces

Unfortunately they are all well seized up and person selling cannot remove them, but still a big problem with the weight over the limit and if two packets just costs nearly double due to each piece's weight

Chris have you tried one of the "man with van" sites? Never give ahead with any of them but I've not had a problem getting quotes on moving machines over 100kg.

Out of curiosity which couriers are refusing to handle anything over 32kg?

Hi matt

Just looking at the cheap options but used to run a e-commerce site until a year ago and most had a 32 kilo limit under health and safety for one man operations. unfortunately this is a nice to have option but not willing to pay much to get it transported, actually the seller weighed it at 27 kilo so that's not the problem  now but he is never in one place any day so couriers normally just pick up whilst doing their rounds and a timed pickup's out of the question due to price

I just weighed mine - 34 Kg.

Stood on the scales to weigh myself, then picked up the base and checked the increase.  So this is not exact, but pretty close.  (Very good quality electronic scales, not cheap spring base things.)

You might be able to squeeze it through if they are not too strict on exact weight. Do the couriers actually weigh the product?

You can see by the pattern on the sides that this base is early 20th century - before 1920.

Hope this info helps.

29 K Base.jpg

Thanks Trevor

Hope you did not have to lift your head off to do it.

I think I may have a solution to the travel hopefully should know soon

Check the website ‘parcels2go’.  I’m sending a bit equipment that weighs 35kilos, and there are 3 good name couriers who will deal with that wright of equipment.

pricing will be about the £35, including £10 for insurance.

Edited by LumpenDoodle2