Levins7

I need inspiration

I am having a creative block.  I have a half calf hide of chrome tan and don't know what to do with it.  It is about 2.5oz thick.  Any suggestions on potential projects?

Dopp kit. They are fun, fast, utilitarian, and it doesn't matter if it's chrome tanned. Or a tote? There have been some really handsome totes posted up lately too.

What color is it? Any picks?

I don't have any pictures of mine, but I attached a screenshot of the listing I bought it from a few months ago. A dopp kit would be pretty easy. I don't think it would be think enough for a tote.

Screenshot_20180901-134237.png

Dopp kit and clutch?

Got a sweetheart? Christmas is coming faster than I want to think,  you could make a nice bag. Small but still a t-bottom construction like a tote. Drop collar, zip top. inside and outside pockets for phone, keys, tablet, etc.. But that is just an idea.  Think it would be a great hit.

This guy has some affordable patterns that are a "bit different" to the usual.
He also has  Youtube Instructional  Videos for the patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DieselpunkRo/items?ref=l2-shop-info-name&section_id=20258358

@Chain thanks for the link. He has lots of awesome stuff.

12 hours ago, Chain said:

This guy has some affordable patterns that are a "bit different" to the usual.
He also has  Youtube Instructional  Videos for the patterns

https://www.etsy.com/shop/DieselpunkRo/items?ref=l2-shop-info-name&section_id=20258358

I have a few of his patterns,...started out with his free glasses case pattern and like it...the lighter brown is his case, i stitched the gusset inwards vs outwards...just was easier, but looks better if you stitch the front and back to the grain side of the gusset.  The case on the right was a simple square lopped off one corrner, rounded then stitched with a metal clip in the back and lined with calf skin

IMG_20180819_204609237.jpg

2 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

@Chain thanks for the link. He has lots of awesome stuff.

I meant to show you a couple of his patterns yesterday...just ran out of time and i couldn't focus on anything after getting to see and test your Knip knives...lol

That weekend bag would convert to a nice doctors / Gladstone bag without much effort, but not in 2oz

3 hours ago, koreric75 said:

I have a few of his patterns,...started out with his free glasses case pattern and like it...the lighter brown is his case, i stitched the gusset inwards vs outwards...just was easier, but looks better if you stitch the front and back to the grain side of the gusset.  The case on the right was a simple square lopped off one corrner, rounded then stitched with a metal clip in the back and lined with calf skin

IMG_20180819_204609237.jpg

I meant to show you a couple of his patterns yesterday...just ran out of time and i couldn't focus on anything after getting to see and test your Knip knives...lol

That's cool, I forgot to ask about the router table.

P.S. they are sharper now. ;)

Edited by bikermutt07

3 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

That's cool, I forgot to ask about the router table.

P.S. they are sharper now. ;)

dang, i had it set aside in the shed and found the guides for the fence attachment in the garage...lol