Did this wallet for a customers son who just became a Eagle Scout. I drew out the design and tooled it out. BT 42 is Byron Troop 42. It’s made from Wickett & Craig 2-3oz carving leather. It’s hand sewn with ritza .8mm royal blue. 037F4365-99C9-49F5-AC54-F3BFE7964C3C.jpeg.169bb145e0f6c39506452c533f8d82d6.jpegA45169EA-DB4D-4197-863B-70BE42611D23.jpeg.142687765bfb0b77559906daa614c5fc.jpeg

Edited by HamiltonLeather

That is very cool. And I am sure the young man will have it on him for years to come.. maybe even pass it down.

Personally I like the overstitch wheel run for a little detail on the curved edges rather than what looks like the chisel line on the straight edges. Still both are a neat idea. I usually just run a line with a wing divider or creaser...hmmm will have to try your trick and see how I get on with it.

Thanks, yeah I like the little extra detail on the pockets. The first time I used the overstitch wheel for detail and not sewing was on a bracelet I just got too lazy to actually sew. I thought it looked just fine and some people even thought it was stitched at a quick glance.

Edited by HamiltonLeather

Very Nice.  That new Eagle should really treasure that

3 hours ago, Scoutmom103 said:

Very Nice.  That new Eagle should really treasure that

Thanks!

Great job on the wallet and congrats to the new Eagle.

4 hours ago, rodneywt1180b said:

Great job on the wallet and congrats to the new Eagle.

Hey, thanks!

I wonder if the recipient of the wallet is a holder of the Leatherworking merit badge? (I don't have one myself; I didn't get into leatherwork until long after Scout age.)
As a fellow Eagle Scout, congrats to the new Eagle. 
As a fellow leatherworker, nice job-- that's a clean design. I concur with the interesting use of the overstitch wheel on the pocket lines.

27 minutes ago, DJole said:

I wonder if the recipient of the wallet is a holder of the Leatherworking merit badge? (I don't have one myself; I didn't get into leatherwork until long after Scout age.)
As a fellow Eagle Scout, congrats to the new Eagle. 
As a fellow leatherworker, nice job-- that's a clean design. I concur with the interesting use of the overstitch wheel on the pocket lines.

Hmm interesting..I’m not sure, I’ll have to ask. Thank you.