ComputerDoctor

I'm absolutely ready to buy a HD Leather sewing machine!

I would appreciate any and all experienced or even opinionated comments on what, in your applications and opinions is the BEST Leather sewing machine for a new person (9 months) to purchase in the 2- 3 thousand dollars price range????

Currently, I fabricate everything that is represented on this forum except for 'Saddles' and some very thin and artistic purses however, I am tired of hand stitching for what seems like hours!

I project advertising on social media and making more sales than I do now, when I can produce product that has consistent quality on a timely basis.

Thanks for any comments.

Sam

No Machine will do it all. If I had to purchase one to start with I would purchase a Juki 441 clone. Either the Cowboy or the Cobra depending on which dealer is closer as to save on shipping. Both Cowboy and Cobra have exceptional customer service. This style machine is a work horse and will sew everything but the thin stuff.

Being in Missouri, I would think probably cowboy.

To cover range you will need at least 2.

I don't have both yet, and only just got the first one last week. My idea for a budget combo that will handle most anything in new construction is this:

Consew 206rb and a cowboy 3200.

206rb-1 is what I picked up last week. Used, but not abused.

Ymmv.

Decide what you want to sew.  It matters.  No ONE machine sews it all.  If it was me, I'd determine what you will sew MOST of.  Bags can take a LOT of stitches, holsters not so many.  Best bet, ask Bob what's in stock (link below).

I've had my CB3200 for about two days now and I have zero reason to second guess my choice to spend the money. Bob at Toledo Sewing is top notch in communication and helping you decide on which machine to buy. He can work with you to find the lest expensive mode of shipping too. Don't forget to order extra bobbins and a few different size threads. I am Making belts, holsters, knife sheaths etc. For lighter stuff like wallets I have my singer 111W155. 

G'Day Computer Doctor ,

I second both bikermutt and Mark & Albob, .  Leather workers  will  sometimes have more than one machine. I have 4 . But, it all depends on what you do and what you  wish to sew.

I had the same view, I love hand stitching, but it can be time consuming , and when I had a lot of orders...and time became  a factor, I  decided to save up and get  a Juki  441 clone. I never second guessed  my choice.

And  I haven't stopped hand stitching either. 

Hope all this helps,

HS

Just my thoughts

Juki LU-1508N with a speed reducer.

Works great on small stuff, bags, wallets, 

Has the ability to run #69 to the thicker threads with a dual tension setup

Edited by Garyspruill

Its about a large coffee away from Springfield Leather. I would take a look there and get a much better idea, sitting in front of one. 

Good day

Floyd

On 9/2/2018 at 9:59 AM, ComputerDoctor said:

I would appreciate any and all experienced or even opinionated comments on what, in your applications and opinions is the BEST Leather sewing machine for a new person (9 months) to purchase in the 2- 3 thousand dollars price range????

Currently, I fabricate everything that is represented on this forum except for 'Saddles' and some very thin and artistic purses however, I am tired of hand stitching for what seems like hours!

I project advertising on social media and making more sales than I do now, when I can produce product that has consistent quality on a timely basis.

Thanks for any comments.

Sam

Come on in! We will let you sit and try some out here and show you what all the differences are. Also, from time to time we will have a used machine in here. In fact we have have a used one out there at the moment.

I have a like new 3200 for sale. i have only sewn about 12 projects on it. A great machine i just dont use it. I know later on as my leather work grows I Will regret selling it but for now it is for sale to fund a different machine.