Greetings to all I'm new in the forum I'm from Peru and I'm using the translator I hope you can understand I own a pfaff 463 second hand machine which buys at approximately $ 150 the machine can sew but good as any old machine and without any type maintenance of its previous owner and some years without working I think it has some problems: one of them I think is a noise that makes a very slow sewing click that seems to come out of a bearing I hope to upload more adalante some video the second is When it starts to sew at a certain speed it vibrates a lot in my opinion and the third is when I'm already sewing normally the machine seems to make a lot of noise is a metal noise sounds CLAC CLAC CLAC and I do not know if it is normal or I need to make some adjustments that I guess so.

the only thing I have done so far is to oil some parts while I was checking it and I realized that it has the rootary hook of another machine since it is not the original of mine which is bigger but good the machine can sew has some probelmas with some thin materials tends to break the thread jump the stitches or split into two parts the thread I have reviewed the forum and you can see that someone uploaded the service manual but it is in English and I can not translate it correctly as some are technical words of the machine I hope you can help me solve the problems and in the best case help me restore the machine completely and that I love this machine and although I have the opportunity to buy another sewing machine, I liked it a lot and wanted to conserve it. slippers I think they are known as tennis and that kind of thing I hope your prompt help upload photos of my machine and thanks in advance for your help PD forget to say that there is a part that I think serves to help pass the thread through the coil as I upload a photo marking which is thanks.

IMG_20180902_152658x.jpg

Welcome to the forum bassplayer. The vibrations could be as simple as the table missing the rubber feet, table needs to be leveled, table bolts need to be re tightened, the motor may need it's mounting bolts re tightened, wrong drive belt, worn or bumpy drive belt. I will let others give information on your other questions.

kgg

The Pfaff 463 Service manual ( 463 463H(3-86.pdf ) generally provides all the information you need to verify proper adjustments and make changes if necessary. Often the diagrams tell most of the story and the text just provides some specifics. Google translate often makes just as much sense as the official translated manuals. You may be able to fill in some details or replace words yourself because you know what part they are talking about by the number reference in the diagram. 

Then again, after reading the adjustment procedure for the bobbin case opener in English just now, I feel your pain! Even the original German version is probably painful to read and the English translation does not make it better. Translating the already translated English to Spanish via Google may not make any sense whatsoever. 

We have a few Spanish speaking members who may be able to help with a few specifics or explain an adjustment in a sentence or two. Just don't ask them to translate the whole manual. 

Your bobbin case opener is definitely out of position:

Service Manual diagram:

Here's the Google translate version of my own post, just to save you a few mouse clicks:

El manual de servicio de Pfaff 463 (463 463H (3-86.pdf) generalmente proporciona toda la información que necesita para verificar los ajustes adecuados y realizar cambios si es necesario. A menudo, los diagramas cuentan la mayor parte de la historia y el texto solo proporciona algunos detalles. a menudo tiene tanto sentido como los manuales traducidos oficiales. Puede completar algunos detalles o reemplazar palabras usted mismo porque sabe de qué parte están hablando por la referencia de número en el diagrama.

Por otra parte, después de leer el procedimiento de ajuste para el abre-cajas de la bobina en inglés, siento su dolor. Incluso la versión original en alemán es probablemente dolorosa de leer y la traducción al inglés no lo hace mejor. Traducir la traducción del inglés al español a través de Google puede no tener ningún sentido.

Tenemos algunos miembros de habla hispana que pueden ayudar con algunos detalles o explicar un ajuste en una oración o dos. Simplemente no les pidas que traduzcan todo el manual.

El abridor de su caja de canillas está definitivamente fuera de posición:

Diagrama de servicio manual:

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 11.50.21 PM.png

Video Still:

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 11.51.30 PM.png

Edited by Uwe

thanks for the help UWE and review that service manual you uploaded it in another topic I read the topics in the forum referring to the pfaff 463 I have reduced the size of the pages of the pdf file to be able to pass it to word and translate it and be able to return to upload it with all the images and make a faithful copy in Spanish of the file but some words do not translate very well so I would appreciate if someone from the Spanish-speaking forum could help me with that and be able to make a new file in word but in Spanish and to have very clear things about the adjustments since my purpose is to be able to completely adjust my pfaff 463 and if I could restore it including paint and finishes it would be the best for that I ask for your help no matter how small to be able to do all that and upload it to the forum I think it would be very helpful for everyone. I hope you will continue to help me. Thank you.

3 hours ago, kgg said:

Welcome to the forum bassplayer. The vibrations could be as simple as the table missing the rubber feet, table needs to be leveled, table bolts need to be re tightened, the motor may need it's mounting bolts re tightened, wrong drive belt, worn or bumpy drive belt. I will let others give information on your other questions.

kgg

thank you for the welcome KGG the table of the sewing machine is very level the belt is new you want to put other gums could help to lower the vibration or it is normal to vibrate that way I have no knowledge in sewing machines so that was my question if it is normal to vibrate as seen in the video or is there some adjustment that should be made to the machine? thanks for the help I hope I can continue to help with the other unknowns and may want to restore my machine in its entirety.

Often you can find the area of vibration by touching parts of a machine with a long screwdriver or similar and holding against the head by your ear it amplifies the noise of the vibration allowing a rough position to be found

14 hours ago, chrisash said:

Often you can find the area of vibration by touching parts of a machine with a long screwdriver or similar and holding against the head by your ear it amplifies the noise of the vibration allowing a rough position to be found

thanks for the advice I will be very helpful

Welcome to the forum Bassplayer!
A weird sound that you hear and  identify with a damaged bearing comes from the steel balls (green arrow) that move loosely between two baskets (blue arrows) mounted on the hook axis. I came to this during the last pfaff 461 repair. See the drawing. The purpose of these balls is probably to distribute the oil, which is transported from the oil pipe to the hook through the axis with the oblong hole and then transversally to both dry-secured bearings (orange arrows). 
Bert,

ball_basket.jpg

and this is how a bobbin case opener is positioned in my 461

461 bobbin opener.jpg

SUPPLEMENT:
In my previous post I wrote that steel balls 'probably help in spreading oil to the bearings'. This is not entirely true so I try to describe more precisely my understanding of how hook lubrication works in pfaff 461; 463. (see pics below)
Cones are mounted on the hook axis. The cone [A] is fixed permanently on the axis by pin [a] which is passing through the transverse hole [a'] in the axis.
Mirrored cone is mounted on the axis with the pin passing through the oval hole [b'] in the axis. This oval hole allows cone to move along the axis to the right. The force moving the cone along the axis arises as a result of the pressure of the steel balls [x] which move freely between the cones. Those balls make a 'click-click' noise when you turn the handwhell slowly. Now, when the axis rotates at high speed, the balls [x] are ejected outward and open the cones. This is a mechanism very similar to the flyball or centrifugal governor used for the first time by J. Watt. The cone moves to the right together with its pin , which pushes the rod [D] out of the oblong hole in the axis of the hook. Rod [D] then presses anothre rod [F], which opens the valve [G] with a ball and spring and allows the oil to flow through the tube (dot line) to the hook through the additional valve [H] which can be adjusted by a screw.

You can see how centrifugal governor works here: 

valve1.jpg

valve2.jpg

The clacking noise in the first part of the video is not bearing noise.  It appears to be in time with the needle.  It sounds like the needle is clashing/striking the hook or something in the hook area.  It could be a bit of looseness and a bent needle.  i would check for excessive clearance (looseness) from the needle bar through to the hook and bobbin including gear mesh.

@Wizcrafts Have you any comments to help out here?

Tom

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:20 PM, Brtz said:

Welcome to the forum Bassplayer!
A weird sound that you hear and  identify with a damaged bearing comes from the steel balls (green arrow) that move loosely between two baskets (blue arrows) mounted on the hook axis. I came to this during the last pfaff 461 repair. See the drawing. The purpose of these balls is probably to distribute the oil, which is transported from the oil pipe to the hook through the axis with the oblong hole and then transversally to both dry-secured bearings (orange arrows). 
Bert,

ball_basket.jpg

Thank you Brtz for the information that I would be very useful to know if I understood correctly what you wrote me: refers to the sound is normal or refers to I have to replace the steel balls I hope you can understand that with the translator It is very difficult to understand some phrases, thank you

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Brtz said:

and this is how a bobbin case opener is positioned in my 461

461 bobbin opener.jpg

the image will help me a lot, as I describe at the beginning of the post I had a hook that was not original and was smaller a few days ago I received a new hook that is right for the pfaff 463 and now if I need more information about the bobbin case opener I thank UWE very much for giving me information and he told me that he could guide me only from the image I gave myself but I suppose I am very stupid since I continue with many unknowns about the exact positioning of the bobbin case opener since I do not want to place it in a position I hope it can help me in this matter.
I hope I can follow this post and I can continue to offer your help hoping not to abuse your trust and the other members.

PS: I understand that your machine is a PFAFF 461 that has the walking needle I have tried to pick up that PFAFF 461 or 561 machine but it does not seem to exist in my country and if I wanted to import it it would be too expensive for me, I hope to be able to contact you by messages and know if it is possible to convert the PFAFF 463 into a 461 with walking needle since they seem like almost identical machines I say goodbye again thanks to you and all the people in the forum I hope we can be in touch thanks.

la imagen me ayudara mucho, como describo al principio del post tenia un garfio que no era original y era mas pequeño hace unos dias he recibido un nuevo garfio que es el adecuado para la pfaff 463 y ahora si necesito mas informacion sobre el bobbin case opener agradezco mucho a UWE que me brindo informacion y me dijo que me podria guiar solo de la imagen que me brindo pero supongo que soy muy tonto ya que sigo con muchas incognitas sobre el posicionamiento exacto del bobbin case opener ya que no quisera colocarlo en una posicion que resulte inutil espero me pueda ayudar en este tema .
espero pueda seguir este post y me pueda seguir brindando su ayuda esperando no abusar de su confianza y de los demas miembros.
PD: tengo entendido que su maquina es una PFAFF 461 que tiene el walking needle he tratado de coseguir esa maquina PFAFF 461 o la 561 pero parece no existir ninguna en mi pais y si quisera importarla seria excesivamente caro para mi, espero poder contactar con usted por mensajes y saber si es posible convertir la PFAFF 463 en una 461 con walking needle ya que parecen las maquinas casi identicas me despido nuevamente agradeciendole a usted y a todas las personas del foro espero podamos estar en contacto gracias.

Hello bassplayer,

We've not heard from you for a long time :)

1. steel balls sound CLICK CLACK when you turning the handwhell are normal. I have checked this in four pfaffs recently: 461; 463; 467 x 2. All of them sound similar. In my supplementary post above I have described what those balls are for. They are a part of a centrifugal governor which opens the oil valve when the machine is running at full speed.

2. you are welcome to ask - if I only could help

3. I do not think converting 463 to 461 is a good idea IMHO

regards, Brt

10 hours ago, Brtz said:

Hello bassplayer,

We've not heard from you for a long time :)

1. steel balls sound CLICK CLACK when you turning the handwhell are normal. I have checked this in four pfaffs recently: 461; 463; 467 x 2. All of them sound similar. In my supplementary post above I have described what those balls are for. They are a part of a centrifugal governor which opens the oil valve when the machine is running at full speed.

2. you are welcome to ask - if I only could help

3. I do not think converting 463 to 461 is a good idea IMHO

regards, Brt

hello Brtz

hello Brtz

I have not been able to connect to the forum for some occupations (I'm a musician and I've been traveling a lot). Among them, I looked up the Spanish manual of the PFAFF 463 and wrote it for a word file since the original was in a PDF file and the pages they were somewhat out of line, I will upload it if someone wants it in a word file. I was also looking for more information to try to contribute something to the community. I found some videos of a person who almost totally disarms the PFAFF 463 and puts it back together again. I will try to leave the links this I think will serve as a guide for many people or at least I hope so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfi0aKLPQF4

My intention is to dismantle in the future the whole machine PFAFF 463 there are parts that look rusty I hope someone can help me in how I can remove the oxide so that everything is as new I was thinking about doing a sandblasting I hope you can tell me if that would help or it would be much for the machine and then painting it completely restore that is what I wanted and also wanted to see if you could turn the PFAFF 463 into a walking needle machine like the PFAFF 461 or 561 since they look almost identical I have a friend who managed to do that in an ANKAY BED POST machine removing parts of a PFAFF BED POST and placing it on your ANKAY machine and it is perfect has not had any problems with the sewing.
Goodbye I say goodbye I hope I can continue to help hoping not to abuse your trust or those of the people in the forum I leave a picture of what I usually sew and the manual in Spanish that goes to word I have

IMG_20181204_145905.jpg

IMG_20180814_180208.jpg