Sign in to follow this  
JimmyJack422

Adler A-153 machine

I have a Adler 153A sewing machine that needs a new belt . Not sure what size or numbers from the belt because its gone . Is there a modern belt that will fit? Where can I find a service manual? Thanks for the help!!

Nope - all gone - even in Germany. There is a looooong thread in a German Sewing Machine Forum where they have replaced the pulleys and timing belts. Seems to work but it was a pain ITA. I´ll look for the link and post it here.

EDIT:

it was an Adler 189 but same problem and same belt afaik

https://naehmaschinentechnik-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1485

Edited by Constabulary

Thanks so much. So the belt is the same size as the 189? 

Is a v belt? Just a whim here but you can take a string and route it through the path. Pull it snug and mark where the string overlaps each other. Then measure from mark to mark. Measure width of pulleys. (How wide between shoulders). check local parts houses. The ones here can cross reference belt lengths to match with what will work.

Sorry. Omit all that crap. Just read up on that machine. Timing belt is a 58 teeth belt. Found this. Don’t know if it’s helpful but there’s a part number for the belt. Hope it helps. 

http://www.brunoanichini.it/cataloghi/durkopp/044.pdf

Edited by Clintock

I just bought a belt for my 189a.  Do I have to take the pin out of the part that the handwheel goes on?  I need to get the bushing off the main shaft to put the belt on.  The belt I got was an Adler 059 00 214 0. I was told it'll fit, I'll have to wait and see!

Edited by scubadiverberry

8 hours ago, scubadiverberry said:

I just bought a belt for my 189a.  Do I have to take the pin out of the part that the handwheel goes on?  I need to get the bushing off the main shaft to put the belt on.  The belt I got was an Adler 059 00 214 0. I was told it'll fit, I'll have to wait and see!

LOL. No, just tilt the head back to loosen the belt and lift it off the pulleys. Install the new belt with the head still tilted, loosen the motor position nuts, then set the head back upright. Adjust the motor position nuts to get about 1/2 inch deflection in the middle of the belt.

3 hours ago, Wizcrafts said:

LOL. No, just tilt the head back to loosen the belt and lift it off the pulleys. Install the new belt with the head still tilted, loosen the motor position nuts, then set the head back upright. Adjust the motor position nuts to get about 1/2 inch deflection in the middle of the belt.

Wiz,they are talking about the internal timing belt.(Your up too late!!) LOL

Edited by CowboyBob

16 hours ago, CowboyBob said:

Wiz,they are talking about the internal timing belt.(Your up too late!!) LOL

O. I repent in dust and ashes!