Albob

Anyone else like older cars?

I just got off the phone with Mr. Kovar over at Toledo sewing and the conversation moved over to older cars. I told him I'd post up a picture of my pride and joy. My 66 Chrysler 300.

It took me 10 years to buy this car from my brother and I've been working on it for 5 more to get it to this point,  Before and after. I'm also trying to build a 36 international 1/2 ton pick up

300 for posting.jpg

before.jpg

Very nice!  I kind of miss the old “boats” from the 60’s - they sure did ride smoothly.  I drove a 63 Chrysler Newport from Chicago to San Diego in 1969 - it was a great trip!

Gary

Nice looking car, looks so long the front end probably gets there 5 minutes before the back end :rolleyes2:

I missed this before but that sure is a nice Chrysler the 300's were a great car!Alot faster than my Falcon!My GTO though might be a different story.

Falcon 002.JPG

GTO (2).JPG

This is my old car, with No.1 son driving it. Its a 1930 Austin 7 Ulster, a road-going racing car. Engine capacity is 847 cc - about 52ci - or put it another way my whole  engine capacity is about equal to 1 cylinder of the above cars. The Austin is 10ft 3 inches long and 35.5 inches wide. Top speed is about 50mph. It has only three gears. Brakes are on all 4 wheels, 6 inch diameter drums and 1.25 inch wide. With them its a case of applying them a week before you need to if you want to stop.

021s.JPG.c0017c6f5231aab3b477446bd726c47f.JPG

No.1 has a collection of old cars, including a 1978 model Cadillac Coupe  DeVille and a number of old Skodas and BMWs. He has maybe about 20 - 25 cars in his collection.

heck yea!! I have a 75 mgb work in progress, a 68 cj5, and a 1960s Lonestar boat with twin 1958 30 hp Gales. My dad was a Chrysler master mechanic so I grew up in our local Dodge garage in the 60s and 70s and that old Chrysler looks great!!!

heep1.JPG

heep2.JPG

Edited by chuck123wapati

On 1/11/2020 at 12:39 AM, fredk said:

This is my old car, with No.1 son driving it. Its a 1930 Austin 7 Ulster, a road-going racing car. Engine capacity is 847 cc - about 52ci - or put it another way my whole  engine capacity is about equal to 1 cylinder of the above cars. The Austin is 10ft 3 inches long and 35.5 inches wide. Top speed is about 50mph. It has only three gears. Brakes are on all 4 wheels, 6 inch diameter drums and 1.25 inch wide. With them its a case of applying them a week before you need to if you want to stop.

021s.JPG.c0017c6f5231aab3b477446bd726c47f.JPG

No.1 has a collection of old cars, including a 1978 model Cadillac Coupe  DeVille and a number of old Skodas and BMWs. He has maybe about 20 - 25 cars in his collection.

That is one cool old car! they used those same brakes on my jeep in 68 lol.