yamahog3187

Saddle Soap

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the white and yellow saddle soap? I have scoured Fiebing's website and can find nothing on the difference. I have always used the yellow but that is what was available locally. That source has gone out of business so I will be ordering by mail now so both are available to me for the same price and am curious what the difference is.

TIA.

Harry Rogers has a comparison on conditioners 

Edited by chrisash

The yellow is drier or harder than the white.  I use the yellow to clean saddles and tack, and a good amount of water to create a lather.  I use the white when lacing.  Since it is creamier than the yellow, it is easier to apply with little or no water; and, rubs into the strings with less mess.

Ron

On 9/5/2018 at 7:21 PM, Goldshot Ron said:

The yellow is drier or harder than the white.  I use the yellow to clean saddles and tack, and a good amount of water to create a lather.  I use the white when lacing.  Since it is creamier than the yellow, it is easier to apply with little or no water; and, rubs into the strings with less mess.

Ron

Thanks Ron. That is exactly what I was looking for. I am starting to do lacing and was looking for something to condition the lace with. I still have more research to do, but it looks like one of the things I will try is the white.