chrisash

Dont get carried away with collecting sewing machines

Just show  you can get carried away collecting sewing machines

Just show  you can get carried away collecting sewing machines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yxsKCiBXuA

Wow. I have one machine. He's got me beat! I can't imagine anyone has more than that.

Jeff

Domestics don't really float my boat but that's a lot of machines. Something to show Her Indoors next time a suspicious piece of vintage iron follows me home: "Yes, it's another machine but look at this, it could be much worse!"

Thats real amchine hoarding. That guy needs professional help, I think. :lol: I would not even touch 90% of that stuff but everybody has his own preferences.

Nice filthy chair at  00:51 :wacko:

And my wife thought I'm bad for having 8 singer domestics from 1906 to 1963,  a cb3200, a cb4500, the Kenmore I bought as a 20yr  old,  And a Chinese cobbler 

He must of been buying every thrift store / auction / estate sale pound puppy within 50 miles for the last 20 years!

I could maybe find two or three black singers in clean enough condition to be interesting in the entire lot,  the rest? Bleh!

Course I'm still trying to figure out the gazillion singer industrial variants looking for the one's good for leather and  potentially reasonably affordable

2hqlhf.jpg
I think this guy won the contest! Did he  have a purpose for such a collection, or is it just compulsion?

If you listen to the video, he talks about it taking two or three machines to repair one. He also said the Singers with the 'nice de-cals' (never heard it pronounced THAT way!) were sold. So, he's more than just a hoarder.

Edited by Sheilajeanne

I have 4 machines ,  all in use , 5 if i include the old domestic Necchi  Supernova ( not used much) 

9 hours ago, Sheilajeanne said:

If you listen to the video, he talks about it taking two or three machines to repair one.

yeh, I heard that, those machines were mostly part machines  as he mentioned .

But what a collection  eh ??  :jawdropper:  

HS

My thoughts are the fact he's repairing and selling some of the machines doesn't mean he's NOT a hoarder. When I saw his 'showroom' I thought no one who's seriously interested in selling machines would let someone/anyone sit down and sew with them. Treadle machines take a fair bit of skill and practice to sew with, and you can mess them up pretty badly if you don't know what you're doing! (Yeah, speaking from experience here... :rolleyes2: )

Also, he mentions the show room isn't open yet. Um, he's been doing this for over 2 years, and the show room isn't open?? He can't be very serious about selling the machines, if that's the case!

Edited by Sheilajeanne

Sadly, it's too late for me to be saved.  

Hi Gregg

Yes I'm afraid so... whilst I have a half a stories worth..  you have 4 !!!

On 9/13/2018 at 10:43 PM, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Sadly, it's too late for me to be saved.  

You and me both Gregg.

If the price is right I cannot walk away and I have fallen in love with the 1950's to 1960's Japanese central bobbin machines. The only thing not in my collection - yet - is a Japanese vibrating shuttle zig-zag machine......