Just finished this shell pouch this morning it was a fun project. Loving the magnetic keeper strap functions perfectly almost didn’t want to let it go. Lol. Happy with the way my duck turned out. Never done any animal before. 

C498BC31-E070-4831-B959-473DD335B31E.jpeg

BE578BF4-9AD9-47EB-B2B0-2FF1090D87C4.jpeg

7D0E5251-B3A0-4379-96F1-52C220E59EAE.jpeg

BDB7B56D-7C4A-4EB7-9D86-FBF7DE7F73E7.jpeg

9ACFF805-760D-4711-A901-308C603DE547.jpeg

Nice job Max!  I like the keeper strap to keep shells from falling out if you lean over, but looks a little clunky when the strap is open and sticking up in the air.  I wonder if a strap that swivels up and down (like the handle of a bucket goes up and down) would make it easier to open and close?

Gary

Very nice!

I always carry two extra cartridges in case I shoot and then called a no bird, agree about the strap, but nice effort

Shell pouch in action here’s a vid of the pouch and strap. It’s super smooth. Attached at the back with a screw post and Teflon washer and the closure is 2 1” neodymium magnates. I was a little skeptical myself when he said he wanted a strap on it. But sometimes things just work out. 

2 hours ago, Madmax500000 said:

Shell pouch in action here’s a vid of the pouch and strap. It’s super smooth. Attached at the back with a screw post and Teflon washer and the closure is 2 1” neodymium magnates. I was a little skeptical myself when he said he wanted a strap on it. But sometimes things just work out. 

Seems easy enough to open and close, but what I was saying was that the strap hangs off to the side @5” when you are using the pouch.  Just thinking it would look neater when in use if the strap just pivoted down to the front when shell box is being accessed.  Still a very nice design!

Gary

I see what your saying now I like that idea as well. Maybe on revision 2 I’ll make a strap that pivots out of the way. Thanks for the input always open to suggestions 

22 minutes ago, Madmax500000 said:

I see what your saying now I like that idea as well. Maybe on revision 2 I’ll make a strap that pivots out of the way. Thanks for the input always open to suggestions 

Look forward to seeing it!  I was just getting ready to start a new shell box holder and I’d like to incorporate a strap that folds down - I’ll post pics when I am finished.

Gary