Huntermetal

Fortuna Skiver Identification

Hi. I recently picked up this skiver and can’t find any info or manuals on this type. Does anyone recognize it? It has a semi-automatic head that has 3 settings you can switch between and another knob that does variations of the 3 settings but a manual would cut through a lot of stabbing in the dark. Some schematics would be great too. The functions don’t seem to work properly. 

Also can anyone point me in the in the right direction for buying a stone drive wheel? And what exactly is the users for each of the types? Knurled Steel, Stone and rubber?

thanks!!

01A4D9CC-C130-4FF2-8BCD-8D49912F6F11.jpeg

Edited by Huntermetal
Spelling

http://www.fortuna-gmbh.de/filme/fortuna-schaerfen.mp4

Hi there, they usually have a number/letter code the normal type being 50S. if you look at the video you can see three additional settings apart from the first one, i am not 100% sure but it looks like they are doing toe puffs or similar for shoes which would probably need different types of skives so being able to jump from one to another saves time setting up manually. as long as you can adjust to make at least one type of skive then your ok. if i were you i would contact Fortuna GmbH and ask them for some info. if you tell them your S/N they can tell you the type of machine and year it was built etc..  if you send me your email i can send a copy of the manual in pdf. i think most parts on the bottom are the same. jimi.

16 hours ago, jimi said:

http://www.fortuna-gmbh.de/filme/fortuna-schaerfen.mp4

Hi there, they usually have a number/letter code the normal type being 50S. if you look at the video you can see three additional settings apart from the first one, i am not 100% sure but it looks like they are doing toe puffs or similar for shoes which would probably need different types of skives so being able to jump from one to another saves time setting up manually. as long as you can adjust to make at least one type of skive then your ok. if i were you i would contact Fortuna GmbH and ask them for some info. if you tell them your S/N they can tell you the type of machine and year it was built etc..  if you send me your email i can send a copy of the manual in pdf. i think most parts on the bottom are the same. jimi.

Thanks Jimi. I’ll pm you my email. The video looks similar but with a top roll instead of the standard foot. Here is a pic of the plate where the model usually is. I’ll check with Fortuna too. Cheers!

0CBD6037-B90A-47E4-A741-D3A1779797EF.jpeg

FORTUNA 3SE-RZ is your model number, here is a video unfortunately it is not in english but you can look up the net and find more sites that have the FORTUNA 3SE-RZ advertised. I think the type of machine is on the other badge. hope this helps.

Edited by jimi

Dear Friends

Did you manage to find manuals for the S machine?

Kind regards

Danishman

I need help to find a manual for a sliver I just got. Any help would be appreciated number 45273 Fortuna