RusticLeatherShop

Acrylic aquarella paint used on leather edges!

WOW, just wow.

1 minute ago, Albob said:

WOW, just wow.

Thank YOU!

However that was meant.

Anyways I feel binding has more potential than any silly burnish, sanding or painting dream hopes which will never come true in my case.

Additionally I like the double stitch the binding allows me for an sturdy Piece of Rustic "Meisterstueck" (masterpiece). Biggest plus is indee the binding covers really lots of things up. And it's not as difficult, but rather quick. Most difficult is to really hit the folded lower part with the needle. But when matching thread, binder and leather in colour then one can worryfree run the missed parts over again with the machine without it being to noticeable.

Edges can be ran continuously without having to cut the binding material.

But binding is really not difficult as I have found out with These 3 pieces I did in 1 hour today.

Glued the binder previously on and the Piece will be without any blemish at all. Top notch!

It was not meant as a pat on the back, I'm amazed by your arrogance, your refusal to accept the gift of honest critique and your inability too see that you're skipping steps 1-5 before you start on the finish of your less than well made leather items. The truth is I have better looking projects in my scrap bucket. Good luck to you. I think you'll need it.

9 hours ago, Albob said:

It was not meant as a pat on the back, I'm amazed by your arrogance, your refusal to accept the gift of honest critique and your inability too see that you're skipping steps 1-5 before you start on the finish of your less than well made leather items. The truth is I have better looking projects in my scrap bucket. Good luck to you. I think you'll need it.

Welcome to the bully bench and thank you for pulling up a seat.

I've almost bitten my tongue in half not offering up simple and effective advice to this guy lately. Every single one of his issues are correctable but when you are getting called a douchebag and a bully and being accused of trying to make people spend money on things they don't need (scrap? really?) when all you are trying to do is make one of those people who refuse responsibility for their own ineptitude try to grasp some rather simple concepts that will answer questions that they asked......I'm weary. I'm just sitting back and shaking my head and hoping like hell people see through the "get rich quick in leatherworking by hiding shit quality under some shit quality webbing" and pass his goods by. I know that is wrongview on my part, but consumers deserve better than crap. It is why I try and improve with every single stitch and a big part of why I've decided to be a leathercrafter and this person's behavior slaps in the face of everything most of us do.

/endrant

edit:

So now I feel the need to apologize (just a little). I'm imposing my morality on this situation more than I meant to. If someone is interested in doing the least possible amount of work at the lowest acceptable quality level for them, who am I to judge? I can only try my best to improve to a level I'm cool with. Other's levels are different and I get that. I can, however, use my wisdom to stay out of toxic forum discussions when I've already been in it and see where it's going. So, I'm out of this one. Can't say I'm not going to read and roll my eyes and hope that the trail of breadcrumbs is followed to something complete and correct, but I'm out.

Edited by battlemunky
Felt the need to apologize to other forum readers for my rant.

52 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

I've almost bitten my tongue in half

Dont bite your tongue Monkey. SAFETY FIRST!

as we all should know.

Rewieving your writings I could not find by all means any "advice".

My pieces of art @Etsy.com @RusticLeatherShop are meant for the US and European market specially. I would never expect people from Southamerica to buy my stuff due to the simple fact they would not even Shell out often 3 US$ for that since local pricing is just "down the Basement" (leatherworkers live here for 4 $ a day often if they are latinos and according to that leather work is here priced).

I asked my Workers (latinos) what they Think About the binding as I showed them the pieces and they said "awesome" and "nice" (covering already half of the vocabulary of Mr. Donald Trump which consists of About 500 marketing words and the rest are another 500 common english words totalling an whooping vocabulary of 1000 words maximum).

There is locally and seems on Etsy.com as well (many people have not sold Things for years on that platform), just not an market for nice burnished edges, and if they pay you 5$ for the most awesome piece. Even Monkeys works would sell for About 10$ maximum. Well, there ya go!

If the binding is good enough for Amazon, it's good enough for average Joe as well.

The binding is indeed not to expensive but it's thick Quality nylon webbing commercially availlable here. Out of that nylon webbing people make horse accesoires and collars for all Kinds of animals and poor people use that to make their own belts. I would not wine About the nylon webbing.

Neighter I would wine About the strength of that binding technique since it adds 2 sewings to the piece giving it the double strength as before (I use FF, aka #138, bonded nylon thread).

A Little improvement and one can safely Neglect greater care when "slappin' " (aka sewing) the leather pieces together since afterwards the binding covers allmost every imperfections WHEN THE BINDING IS DONE CAREFULLY. Basically: just do very well the binding, and there ya go!

Edited by RusticLeatherShop

Well, I may as well jump in here before WIZ shuts this utterly ridiculous posting "Down".

I agree you are arrogant, ignorant, less associated with reality than normal, and disgusting. Your so called movie certainly insures your ability to be all of those things.

Your leather work is hopeless. You do not use glue. Edges must be tight and glue is one of the ways to obtain that. Your stitching is horrible in most instances although I have to say it is better in your last photos. 

With your approach to the rest of human kind I would be surprised if what you try to sell is of "better" quality. Most everyone has tried to help you. You do not accept that.

Consequence is the bad mouthing you have received. You definitely deserve what you have gotten.

I have been cutting leather off and on for more than sixty years. To this day I glean information from folks much more qualified than I, many who are on this forum.

If you cannot bring yourself to engage in something resembling civility, get off this forum and aggravate those on ETSY.

Ferg

Edited by Ferg

I hate to close an active topic, but this one has gotten out of hand! Rustic has asked for advice, received it and argued with those giving it. This is non-productive. He is not getting the results he wants and people are belittling him for being strong headed and ignoring their advice. There is nothing good to come out of this topic if it continues to deteriorate. So, reluctantly, I am closing it now.

In the future, I would suggest that members offer advice once, then leave it be if ignored or argued with.

Rustic, this is not a forum for arguments.