phankey

1998 Ferdco/Juki Pro 2000

Good Morning!,

First I would like to say thank you for all the information I have found so far about all the various topics about leather! There is a lot to learn. I have an opportunity to purchase a Ferdco/Juki Pro 2000  that was purchased new in February 1998. The machine is being sold by a relative (?) since the owner is now in a nursing home. The person knows nothing about the machine, so doesn't know if it was made in Japan or China. I did see a copy of the cancelled check for $6100. Does the cost alone mean it's from Japan? The person is asking $1800 and said one like this unit was just sold. I would appreciate any feedback/opinions as to if you think this is worth pursuing. 

Thanks very much.

Paul

ferdco juki.jpg

ferdco.jpg

Here's a few more photos of machine.

Thanks

ferdco juki 2000.jpg

juki.jpg

I have that same machine and love it.I paid 2k for mine used.

Mine doesn't have the thread lubricant pot on top though.

I also changed the clutch motor out with a servomotor I already had.

Good machine.

Thanks for the reply, that's good to know it's reliable. Do you know where it was made? 

What manual do you use, the Juki 441?

32 minutes ago, phankey said:

Thanks for the reply, that's good to know it's reliable. Do you know where it was made? 

What manual do you use, the Juki 441?

I use a cowboy 4500 manual or the Cobra 4 pretty much the same machine.

Most parts will interchange,but I have found the Cowboy and Cobra presser feet are about a 1/4" longer.

I reworked my feet so I didn't have to keep adjusting the machine.

Got called a redneck and dumbass for doing it, but it worked for me. LOL

That machine was imported by Ferdco, from Japan, and then set up for heavy leather by them.  They are very reliable and very long lasting.  I purchased one 4 or 5 years older than that one a couple of months ago.  I love it but am going to convert it to Servo. 

I have a JUKI 441 which is the bases for this machine Ferdco modified them as a previous person said.

I have a juki 441 also, plus I have a juki 341 that Ferdco did over as a 808 (I think) base machine is great, and ferdco did a good job setting them up. You can adjust for all the different feet, feed dogs, needle plates ect. Servo motor would be a well worth it investment, fair price id say