RusticLeatherShop

Edge binding vs other methods of leather edge finishing

Just to Show you guys the huge difference binding makes to unfinished or other leather edge methods.

First pic is the not binded Piece. It's full grain pig leather.

Second pic is an Amazon pocket Holster binding example. UTG Holster. Mark the matching colours to cover up imperfections.

Third pic (on next post) is the binded (1.15" Nylon Webbing) of the first pic Smartphone case. Local people tell me it's very nice.

While there may be other Labor intensive methods to leather edge finishing, which mayorly feed and invest in the ego of the crafter, I have yet heard one negative comment from locals to this binding Approach. Though it can be perfectionised further - but These are free Hand sewn on binders using only the aid of an roller aid.

WP_20180727_18_36_28_Promod1.thumb.jpg.845df689bce47f4319b2c380585d72cd.jpg20180826_170525mod1.thumb.jpg.db96f68397392fd87f0252ea67c167c1.jpg

Here the previous Smartphone case which I free Hand roller aided bound with Nylon binder. At least I made my worker happy with that and it added more strength.20180915_115259mod1.thumb.jpg.59a0d56e67d9411ae0581b08bfa2d492.jpg

BTW, the colour difference in the leather is due to using different Smartphones for taking fotos. First unbound foto of Smartphone case is made with an Windows 10 phone (Microsoft 532 phone) without Flash. Second foto of the now bound Smartphone case is made with Flash with an Samsung J2 Prime phone. The last one reflects true colours (or the leather has aged a bit over time while using).

The edges are not evenly round but in the future if I glue the binding on, that Problem will be gone hopefully as well.