I slightly modified a pattern from @makerplace and put together this 6 slot. I still need more practice but it hold everything I carry. Thoughts, critiques, input always welcome.

4-5 0z outer, 3-4oz inner. Gum trag inside and tan coat outside, Sewn on CB3200 and Singer 111W155 for the liner.

Sorry I should have straightened out the cards for the picture

tan1.jpg

tan2.jpg

I tend to avoid opposite directional pockets, as once they stretch and wear in, the cards in the downward facing pockets want to fall out. The design works ok with long wallets since the card pockets wear in much slower in comparison to a smaller wallet where many of the cards may see multiple uses a day and wear the pockets in faster.

Very nice. Clean lines.

Nicely done.

Maybe you should use a smaller thread, adjust your tension so the knots do not show on either side. Did you by any chance glue your ending/beginning? Backstitching at least three stitches AWAY from where a wallet etc. folds.

Since you like to do gun leather perhaps your sewing thread supply is most heavy duty?

Your exterior leather thickness is okay if you wish to carve a design. Interior should be at least as thin as lining leather, 1.2mm to 2mm. 

Years ago all of the wallets and purses I made and sold were carved and fairly heavy leather. These days more variety is available in leather thickness including many of the dealers who will split to any thickness you desire.

Ferg

23 hours ago, Ferg said:

Maybe you should use a smaller thread, adjust your tension so the knots do not show on either side. Did you by any chance glue your ending/beginning? Backstitching at least three stitches AWAY from where a wallet etc. folds.

Thanks for the feed back Ferg, good advice.