I find that contact cement works for most of what I do. I am looking for an adhesive that sets quick that doesn't require glue on both the surfaces. I am trying to make book covers on a small scale production level. I am cutting the leather to size and then doing the tooling and dying at the beginning.   I am using light pigskin as a liner and also using it to slide the book into. I would like to be able to just put glue on the perimeter of the outer leather and just smack it down on the pigskin and then trim the pigskin to fit after the glue sets.   That would save a lot of time over pre-cutting the pigskin and trying to match up the contact cement on both pieces.   I have tried to use double-sided tape. It works well to keep the leather in the pigskin together long enough to do the sewing, but it does not hold up long-term. I would like to have a permanent bond between the leather and the pigskin.  Any recommendations.

PS. I do have a cobra sewing machine so the  outer leather and the pigskin are sewn together at the end.