3 hours ago, plinkercases said:

And not sure who Larry is but perhaps that is a sign you have posted a comment meant for another thread?

larry is on one of the pocket protector i think ..

My remark was taken up and used wrongly.

Matt; they be a simple item thats been well made, with nice attention to their utility

5 hours ago, RusticLeatherShop said:

I wonder how those shiny laquered leather items look like after a month of exposed "flatulances and farts" mingled with some "bodily effluences" from daily use when worn in the back pocket near the ass.

I guess at that Point nobody ever cares about the burnish or not since that is most likely warped and wrinkled like an "ol' russian mamushkas Skin which has been just overrun by an SS Stormtroop" (even if she once upon a time was a nice Young Lady).

For someone who shows they could learn a lot from this site you sure have a weird way of doing it if that is why you come here. I have thought to answer some of your questions here at times and have concluded after seeing your responses to others offering advise, that my time would just be wasted but......this time you've got me. The article above is mostly used in the top pocket and sometimes the back but if you'd care to go to an engineering shop or any sort of machinist type business you will see that they among other things carry a small steel ruler about 6" long for quick referencing. They would certainly wreck pockets quickly with out such protection. The finishing of these pocket protectors for the purpose they are used is excellent.

I don’t  use these as I don’t have breast pockets and as a truck driver don’t sit on anything. A architect contacted me about making him one 2 years ago so I added them to my shop. Since then I have sold about 200 for pants and shirts. Sent all over the world. Someone apparently has the want or need for them.

I really like those!  Very nice work!  I really like that chocolate color! I  carry my pen in my front breast pocket religiously as I have to have one on me all the time.  I've become so habituated to it that I even carry a pen in my front pocket on the weekends because I don't feel like I'm at the ready without it. lol!  I can certainly see a use for them! 

I've seen mechanics and electricians carry them...as a quick mini-tote for just the essential tools for very small fix-it projects...grab it and stuff it either in their front shirt pocket or back pants pocket while squatting or bending...they can lay them nearby and still have those few tools kept together in a handy package without the bulk of the normal toolbelt.

Excellent work, Matt...as always. You make what works well and sells...and from the numbers, your customer base would appear to be satisfied with your handiwork. Others would do well to silently take notice from your example.

My pen ans glasses go in thay pocket 7 days a week...wither in my shirt or vest and i have been meaning to make something like this for a while and am.now inspired... lets see what the weekend brings.

I have seen many electricians and electronic repair people with a pair of pliers  or screwdrivers / spanners in their pocket rather than wear a tool belt so i guess there are plenty of uses for either shirt pocket or back trouser pocket protectors

looks nice. apparently there is a market for them.

15 hours ago, RusticLeatherShop said:

I second that. It's a niche product.

Niche maybe, but he's found one and filled it, which his sales indicate. How you doing with that?

16 hours ago, RusticLeatherShop said:

I wonder how those shiny laquered leather items look like after a month of exposed "flatulances and farts" mingled with some "bodily effluences" from daily use when worn in the back pocket near the ass.

If you arse is leaking enough to damage leather, you should visit a doctor. While you're there, make sure to mention that there's a fair bit of it coming out your keyboard too. What makes you think these are lacquered? There's a whole bunch of treatments that can produce shine or sheen, only one of which is lacquer.

And now we return to our regular programming.

@Mattsbagger, these look great. Do you know if your customers mostly use them for pens or for handtools? I'm frequently ripping the pockets of my work trousers with pliers and such, could save me a lot of darning.

1 minute ago, Matt S said:

Niche maybe, but he's found one and filled it, which his sales indicate. How you doing with that?

If you arse is leaking enough to damage leather, you should visit a doctor. While you're there, make sure to mention that there's a fair bit of it coming out your keyboard too. What makes you think these are lacquered? There's a whole bunch of treatments that can produce shine or sheen, only one of which is lacquer.

And now we return to our regular programming.

@Mattsbagger, these look great. Do you know if your customers mostly use them for pens or for handtools? I'm frequently ripping the pockets of my work trousers with pliers and such, could save me a lot of darning.

I don’t know what they use them for.lol I generally use 5oz on the trouser ones as I figure the are for wrenches or the like. One customer said he uses them for his wood carving chisels.

17 hours ago, RusticLeatherShop said:

most of us have written something the past 10 years only on electronic Keyboards and not with a pen.

You really excel at being obnoxious AND wrong in the same paragraph! Maybe handwriting is not your thing, but some of us still have that ability.

17 hours ago, RusticLeatherShop said:

It's a niche product.

So what if it is a niche product or even a scarp of leather with a practice piece on it. The finished piece is still far better than anything I have seen presented by @RusticLeatherShop.

"O beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the 'green-eyed-monster' which doth mock the meat it feeds on." Shakespeare.

I ignored Rustic for the last week. It was great. I'm really thinking of doing it permanently. He really makes the forum less welcoming and crappy. I recommend you others to give it a try. I loathe that we have a single person come on and spread disdain and propagate his ignorance and clear lack of understanding for what good looks like.

Your work is great @Mattsbagger and I envy your skill. That guy is is a know nothing ignoramus capable of only producing things half as well made as he is developed as a leatherworker.

Vintage-Pens-Box236.jpg.a5407375ac8708d4d7ab335246032bb5.jpgThis is how they will look like after one year of use. Considered they are worn on the back pocket and "sat and farted" on a lot. Sheen gone, nice edges gone and warped, even more Edge warping since These ones in this thread are fairly square. But yeah to each his own.

BTW, an binder like this nylon webbing is Maybe not the greatest idea on These but certainly would look nice at the beginning (obviously if finished well). Over here we have just not the materials to finish leather like that in this thread. But the ones I would make would last a lot longer. But I see already that for the modern consumer it's all About appearance and luckily the natural strength of the leather gives for a Long life as well.

Those pen holders of the OP would lend themselves very nice for an disguised pen pistol (pistol disguised as a pen). To wear in the front Shirt pocket.

Bildergebnis für old leather pen holder

Edited by RusticLeatherShop

47 minutes ago, battlemunky said:

I ignored Rustic for the last week. It was great. I'm really thinking of doing it permanently. He really makes the forum less welcoming and crappy. I recommend you others to give it a try. I loathe that we have a single person come on and spread disdain and propagate his ignorance and clear lack of understanding for what good looks like.

Your work is great @Mattsbagger and I envy your skill. That guy is is a know nothing ignoramus capable of only producing things half as well made as he is developed as a leatherworker.

Well put. I concur. I'll not rise to the bait to answer his posts

T'is but a pity he ruins every thread he posts on.

In this one it is drawing attention from the pocket protectors, which I still consider very nicely made with attention to their utility and long-life

Edit; Come 'ere a mo; I just had a brainwave (I know, it hurts). If you go to your profile up in the right corner you can put him into a list of members to ignore. I've just done that. I no longer see any of his rude posts. There is just a line saying he's posted. He's the only person I've ever done this to

Edited by fredk

These will not fit any plier at all for an mechanic as some claimed before. Beware of false info from Internet ninjas on Forums!

Maybe one could fit a nose hair skissors for cosmetic purposes in order to cut some nose hair in the public just to show off the nice pen holders. 

But an small 380 ACP magazine could fit if they would be made a tad larger.

I made some magazine cases which could be worn in the pocket as well. These i carry in the EDC case and not in the pocket. Not to imagine how they looked like would they be worn in the back pocket (near the ass). This is a realistic Approach. See below:

20181002_185211mod1.thumb.jpg.4123af284c692082facefa62b5856304.jpg

Last post referring to Rustic.

The photo above is characteristic of your sloppy immature idea of perfection. I really feel sorry for you.

Your stitching is just crappy and your workmanship is horrible. Why don't you start your own Forum in Paraguay and just quit

posting in this forum. We do not appreciate your asinine attitude.

I have had it with you!!!!!!!

Ferg

11 minutes ago, Ferg said:

Last post referring to Rustic.

The photo above is characteristic of your sloppy immature idea of perfection. I really feel sorry for you.

Your stitching is just crappy and your workmanship is horrible. Why don't you start your own Forum in Paraguay and just quit

posting in this forum. We do not appreciate your asinine attitude.

I have had it with you!!!!!!!

Ferg

Dont worry, Ferg! I respect your Age.

That was one of my first work after I just got the CB 4500 machine.

Since then I have considerably improved about everything. See the binding so appreciatet by 'ya all!

What worries me is that I start to realise not all on this Forum are real leather workers. Lots of wanna be's, IMHO! The Magazine holder are all enclosing the mag in order it cant be damaged. To such high Quality leather as the OP, we have here no Access but still I am happy leather is availlable for me. Otherwise Focus was and is on Utility and not shiny appearance since EDC lets it look like the Picture above after a few years.

@Ferg I can't find that button on my phone, but I'm motivated enough to look at it on the desktop tomorrow morning.

This guy is a troll.

while i don't use a pocket protector and don't really know how it's used, i would say i like the neat threadwork, and how it goes round the bend ever so smoothly..

43 minutes ago, bikermutt07 said:

@Ferg I can't find that button on my phone, but I'm motivated enough to look at it on the desktop tomorrow morning.

This guy is a troll.

If you hover over the username or avatar, you will see the option to hide the user's posts.  I assume that on a phone, you would tap the username or avatar to pull up the same choice.

Edit:  @RusticLeatherShop has been warned and placed under moderator review.  All his posts will require moderator review and approval.

Tom

Edited by Northmount
RusticLeatherShop placed under review

42 minutes ago, Northmount said:

If you hover over the username or avatar, you will see the option to hide the user's posts.  I assume that on a phone, you would tap the username or avatar to pull up the same choice.

That doesn't work on my computer system

42 minutes ago, Northmount said:

Edit:  @RusticLeatherShop has been warned and placed under moderator review.  All his posts will require moderator review and approval.

Thank you for that

I think that the rivets are far enough over so that they wouldn’t scratch pens or tools.

How did the leather flex on the holster to expose the gun to the rivet?

9 hours ago, fredk said:

Well put. I concur. I'll not rise to the bait to answer his posts

T'is but a pity he ruins every thread he posts on.

In this one it is drawing attention from the pocket protectors, which I still consider very nicely made with attention to their utility and long-life

Edit; Come 'ere a mo; I just had a brainwave (I know, it hurts). If you go to your profile up in the right corner you can put him into a list of members to ignore. I've just done that. I no longer see any of his rude posts. There is just a line saying he's posted. He's the only person I've ever done this to

Thanks for the method of ignoring him, done now and very happy to see him gone, think the mods are a bit to lenient with his distasteful views, maybe time to re-consider there policy on this sort of thing