Davm

Cartridge Belt Help

I'm planning to make a western cartridge belts.  In the front the main belt will fold under itself.  I see these with a big loop into which one end of the main belt is run.  Unfortunately I can't tell where to attach this big loop?  Should it fit between the doubled over end of the buckle strap or be directly attached to the main belt?  Any help appreciated. 

Sounds to me like you're talking about a ranger type setup.  Your best help can come from getting a pattern pack on making holsters (or even belts). But if you want to start work right now, then set it up so that the running end of the belt (that's the end without teh buckle) goes behind the buckle end and through a keeper, which it normally sewed or riveted to the body of the belt between the buckle-end overlay and around the main body of the belt. 

I found this post from a few years ago that might answer you question.

Thanks- that shows the detail I needed.  To me, on the buckle strap, when you fold or double over the end after wrapping around the center bar of the buckle, the loop over the main part of the belt goes between that doubled over portion of the buckle strap.  This probably strengthen matters because if you pulled on the buckle strap the loop will stop movement before stress is put on the stitches holding the buckle's strap to the main part of the belt.

Once again- sorry if I'm getting the terminology mixed up.

And- that is a super good looking belt.