quinatt

suppliers that split english bridle

looking for one or two sides of black english bridle 3/4 oz. in Hermann Oak or W & C.  Is there any suppliers out there that can do that? I know Hermann Oak wont and thats who I had ordered 3 sides from a couple years ago but they need 5 sides in same color in order to make a sale? That breaks my heart.

I have almost a full side of 5oz black Hermann Oak bridle if anyone out there wants to make a trade.   3 to 3.5 oz black is what im looking for. Wickett and Craig id be willing to try too

I think Weaver sells both and has a splitting service. It will cost a little more.

Maybe Wickett and Craig do the same, I'm not sure.

I just bought a side from W&C and they split it with no extra charge.

Gary

Thanks for that, guys. I wasn't sure. I had been to their site several times in the past, but never ordered anything from them.

They charge a small amount if you want the leather "pasted" back. You can't tell it was ever split. Good people

Terry

1 hour ago, terrymac said:

They charge a small amount if you want the leather "pasted" back. You can't tell it was ever split. Good people

Terry

:huh: If it's NOT 'pasted', how would you tell it was split?

WEAVER once sent me leather DAMAGED on teh back from splitting .. looked like the blade was BOUNCING (back looked like those serrations on the road to warn you of an upcoming stop. 

But not from W/C. Ever.

1 hour ago, JLSleather said:

:huh: If it's NOT 'pasted', how would you tell it was split?

Unsplit leather will have vein marks showing on the flesh side, and a less "split" look. . . not quite a perfect on the flesh side.  Most everything I've seen under 10/11 oz has been split.  And you're right, Wickett does a nice job splitting.

I could tell it was split as the thickness was uniform on the entire side. Ain't going to happen without splitting.

Terry