stormcrow

Bag lever closure

Anyone know where I can find a lever closure like the one in the picture? Or what would you call this type of closure so I can try to search for one. Thanks. 

IMG_0217-1136x982.jpg

I don't know, but I like it! Hope someone on the forum knows the answer. I searched the closure on Google Images, and found nothing like it.

Jeff

Edited by alpha2

1 hour ago, alpha2 said:

I don't know, but I like it! Hope someone on the forum knows the answer. I searched the closure on Google Images, and found nothing like it.

Jeff

They are used by someone called norncahnleatherworks on etsy love how they look. I've also searched all over for them and not had any luck finding them yet. Just ordered some horween Dublin to make myself a bag and I'd love to use a closure like this for it. 

This is Rebecca at Ohio Travel Bag and yes we do carry this closure. Item # C-1951.

Thank you LatigoAmigo for suggesting us.

4 minutes ago, Rebecca Wiseman said:

This is Rebecca at Ohio Travel Bag and yes we do carry this closure. Item # C-1951.

Thank you LatigoAmigo for suggesting us.

Hi

That is exactly what I want and I am trying to place an order now but the checkout will not accept my UK postcode it keeps saying there is an error 

14 minutes ago, stormcrow said:

Hi

That is exactly what I want and I am trying to place an order now but the checkout will not accept my UK postcode it keeps saying there is an error 

False alarm I've managed to get it to work so order is now placed

59 minutes ago, LatigoAmigo said:

I think Ohio Travel Bag has what you are looking for: https://ohiotravelbag.com/c-1951/1-14in+quick+release+latch+solid+brass

C-1951.jpg

Thanks for the info I've now placed an order

score another win for the forum!

Stormcrow

Can you tell me the shipping charge to the UK etc, they look really nice

5 hours ago, chrisash said:

Stormcrow

Can you tell me the shipping charge to the UK etc, they look really nice

It was $29 shipping to the UK. 

wow, Abbey England doesn't have that available to save on the shipping?

YinTx

I did see the same thing much cheaper on Etsy last week but cannot find it now

2 hours ago, YinTx said:

wow, Abbey England doesn't have that available to save on the shipping?

Ask Le Prevo. They won't have it but they might know where to get it.

In the distant past I've asked them about certain things and they were able to source the item for me

Just ordered two of them from Ohio Travel Bag. Now I need to figure out what I'm putting them on.

Jeff

19 hours ago, fredk said:

Ask Le Prevo. They won't have it but they might know where to get it.

In the distant past I've asked them about certain things and they were able to source the item for me

I'll ask them next time I'm there as call in every 2-3 weeks 

19 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Just ordered two of them from Ohio Travel Bag. Now I need to figure out what I'm putting them on.

Jeff

The ones I ordered arrived a couple of days ago they are good quality. like you all I have to do now is work out what I'm going to make now. I need to finish the one I'm currently busy with first though. 

21 hours ago, chrisash said:

I did see the same thing much cheaper on Etsy last week but cannot find it now

I'll have a look on etsy, got to be less postage than $29 I'm in no rush now though as I bought 4 and at the rate I work I'm good for a very long time :)

I have an entire subfolder in my leatherwork folder devoted to "bag closure ideas". I'm not happy with the ones I've done so far. My first was a magnetic closure. Too hard to make the magnets line up (socket type) quickly. The second one was a buckle, but with a hidden closure under that, because who wants to fool with a buckle every time they get into the main pocket of a bag.  Anything that takes three hands to use is not right for a bag. A simple fold over is best, but not from a security standpoint, and my wife has a pistol in her bag. 

Received my parts from Ohio Travel Bag. A little bigger and heavier than I expected. They would need to be used on something large enough to be in proportion. Nice quality stuff though. I saw a belt online that used this closure on a belt, that was different!

Jeff

bagclosurelever.jpg

bagclosureweight.jpg