Jordan

How about Pictures of Your Workshops

Hey Ray,

As soon as I received your message I came right over. Finally, Ray's Shoe Throne, very nice. This is quiet way of letting us know that you learned to do leather work from the ground up, ha, ha. Those shoes all look brand new except I know for a fact, new shoes don't come with a bright spit shine. I joined the Marine corps in 1965 and I was just getting the hang of doing a good spit shine in boot camp when they sent me South, yea, the other South. I can't imagine the stories and stock market tips and so forth that have come down from your leathery throne and I'm sure, some you will never reveal.

As for selling items in your shop, I think you need to start off with an Auction Barn, you gots lots of stuff.

Thanks for the Throne pic amigo and the others.

That Eagle Sachel is very, impressive! I see your still working it. You have all the right tools and Ray, you are made of the right stuff. I can tell your blessings are many and most of all, you haven't forgottent nor taken any for granted.

That Eagle Sachel is very, impressive! I see your still working it. You have all the right tools and Ray, you are made of the right stuff. I can tell your blessings are many and most of all, you haven't forgottent nor taken any for granted.

It is a long winded project and one that I am having a great time working on. It is temporarily assembled, a dry fit, as they say, and will soon be taken apart for some additional pyrography, but only after I have completed the internal stiffener. Have yet to decide on a handle/strap setup. It was a small idea that grew as I decided to build it. Just a fun challenge and no idea what it will be good for. ckl.

Thanks for all the compliments.

Hope your weekend is full of good times and plenty of Blessings.

Ray

Hey Ray,

As soon as I received your message I came right over. Finally, Ray's Shoe Throne, very nice. This is quiet way of letting us know that you learned to do leather work from the ground up, ha, ha. Those shoes all look brand new except I know for a fact, new shoes don't come with a bright spit shine. I joined the Marine corps in 1965 and I was just getting the hang of doing a good spit shine in boot camp when they sent me South, yea, the other South. I can't imagine the stories and stock market tips and so forth that have come down from your leathery throne and I'm sure, some you will never reveal.

As for selling items in your shop, I think you need to start off with an Auction Barn, you gots lots of stuff.

Thanks for the Throne pic amigo and the others.

Those shoes are some that I have been selling and giving away. There are many military low quarters in the mix and folks seem to enjoy them. As I clean up more around here, I will probably give them away to anyone that can use them.

Stories from the throne are many and fun for everyone. I should have kept a book with the tales related while shoes are serviced. Interesting folklore, which is a subject of which I am very fond.

Time for me to call it a night.

Take good care and God Bless.

Ray

Ray,

My thought for the sachel is a long, adjustable strap. The user could carry it from the shoulder on same side as the sachel or the strap could go over the neck. The strap could be adjustable to a shorter length and used as a handle as well.

See how easy that is for me to say, when you have to do all the work. Now, I'm worn out from thinking, nap time.

Bless you my amigo

Ray,

My thought for the sachel is a long, adjustable strap. The user could carry it from the shoulder on same side as the sachel or the strap could go over the neck. The strap could be adjustable to a shorter length and used as a handle as well.

See how easy that is for me to say, when you have to do all the work. Now, I'm worn out from thinking, nap time.

Bless you my amigo

I think that your suggestion is, "right on", and will probably take a crack at that. I'm anxious to get the stiffener made and then taking it all apart to finish artwor/tooling/dyeing, etc. Have figured out how I want to burnish and should not be a problem. Some of the artwork, at least one piece, was from Lora Irish and the other is an eagle adaption by tattoo artist. I always modify patterns but never cared to call any of them my own as I am not an artist by any means. Just dabble here and there and pick up things as I go merrily along lifes path.

Hope you enjoyed the nap and that your Sunday is a Blessed event.

Ray

post-24089-0-21042100-1364243732_thumb.jHey Y'all---

Late add to my shop pics. Thought this was there but not so.

Primarily for those who might be interested in the acrylic paints. They are in the bins on the rack and few are elsewhere.

Let me know of your interest. Only charge is actual shipping charge. Paint is FREE.

God Bless.

Ray

Edited by raysouth

I posted my place in another thread on the same subject but this one seems to be the master list.

This is mainly my photo studio but this shot is when I transform it to my workshop area. I can move things out of the way/into other areas of the space depending upon the job at hand. It's also my bedroom as well as a place to work on the car if I drive it through the kitchen to park it in here. I live and work in a large warehouse space.

Shop-L.jpg

This place is awesome.

This is my work area. Not big at all but it works.

post-33174-0-60536100-1364483764_thumb.j

Edited by cowboy bowhunter

About time i added a few images of my workspace....

until last week I was working at a very cramped little table in the loft, but after a week of graft, we have converted the loft into my wifes studio (she's a proper artist!)...and i have taken over her previous room.

mancave 1

needs some pictures on the wall to brighten it up a bit

mancave leather benchs

heres where the leather will magically transform into beautiful works of art

mancave Toy corner

and this is where i get to make some real noise!

Just completed my work area about a month ago. It's just an extra bedroom that I've turned into my office. I absolutely love working in it.

post-39211-0-30015300-1371081869_thumb.j

Here's a picture of my work area. It's in my semi-finished basement. In the far area is my dremel press and dying area underneath the desks are a wire rack with fan for drying. I just hung the cabinets last night. I was running out of space. My main working station is the big metal drafting desk and bottom left is my drawing desk with tracing light. Really just need a few more hand tools and a decent sewing machine and I'll be happy.

post-44775-0-31750900-1380647721_thumb.j

Edited by FISTfullaLEATHER

post-24089-0-21042100-1364243732_thumb.jHey Y'all---

Late add to my shop pics. Thought this was there but not so.

Primarily for those who might be interested in the acrylic paints. They are in the bins on the rack and few are elsewhere.

Let me know of your interest. Only charge is actual shipping charge. Paint is FREE.

God Bless.

Ray

I suppose I am terribly slow but all of these items are long gone. Thank you if you are one of those having expressed an interest.

God Bless.

Ray

Here is a pic of my work bench

PICT1620_zps57921541.jpg

PICT1618_zps98883044.jpg

PICT1619_zpsa93eb9fe.jpg

Almost done building it!

12536316-6CE4-40CE-806F-7CE76487B2C1.jpeg

Not a workshop, but my working area.

1.jpg.45e0a9356a4da3bb32eb399b412c0210.jpg

2.jpg.a03b8ac8cb5374cc3d46829085ae1535.jpg

Lets hear it for small workspaces.  My tool rack is based on one that I saw in the forum - I think it was brokenolmarine.  Works well for me.

WorkSpace2.thumb.jpg.8618e22814295729af468a1a9042f6fc.jpg

/dwight

On 11/20/2022 at 9:43 AM, Danne said:

1.jpg.45e0a9356a4da3bb32eb399b412c0210.jpg

2.jpg.a03b8ac8cb5374cc3d46829085ae1535.jpg

Inspiring!

On 11/20/2022 at 8:43 AM, Danne said:

I need you to clutter this up a little bit before my mind explodes. :jawdropper:

Moved from the garge upstairs to the family room. Way better during alaska winters. Downside is my kids rap music and them all screaming at video games. 20220924_190917.jpg

Edited by Simplejack1985

On 11/20/2022 at 10:43 PM, Danne said:

How dare you be so neat :)

On 11/21/2022 at 6:12 AM, DwightT said:

Lets hear it for small workspaces. 

Quite good , yours is also neat ....wait til you see mine :blush: Love the tins of Neat Lac you have . I have two tins, but not for use, contents all gone hard, they're ' museum pieces' now,  on display . 

HS 

14 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

Quite good , yours is also neat ....wait til you see mine :blush: Love the tins of Neat Lac you have . I have two tins, but not for use, contents all gone hard, they're ' museum pieces' now,  on display . 

HS 

After looking at some of these I was going to start a thread on the messiest but if I posted mine I don't think anyone could compare.

27 minutes ago, Handstitched said:

HS 

Small workspaces almost require some level of neatness.  Otherwise there wouldn't be any room to get any work done.

There is actually only one can of NeatLac. The other can is NeatLac Thinner.  Basically acetone.  I bought both of them way back when I was in high school, long before the digital age.  There is about a third of the can of the NeatLac left,  and it is actually still good. I don't use it too often though.  It doesn't seem to work well with the gel stains that I use.

/dwight