dikman

Hex bit handle

Ok, so not exactly for a sewing machine, but how many use those little hex bits and sometimes wanted a small handle? (Puts hand up......).

There are quite a few designs on thingiverse and this one looked worth a try. Some are bigger/fatter, but this one looked like what I had in mind. Printing as is the bit wouldn't quite go in, but by heating the bit In a vice and pushing the handle on it made a snug fit. If you wanted the bits "permanently" attached then this would work. The next two were made scaled up to 104% and this proved just nice - until I found that some bits are made slightly smaller than others, so fell out!!!! Easy solution, I've ordered some rare earth magnets, 5mm diam. x 2mm thick, these will be superglued into the handle so the bits stay put but can be changed easily. At $2.89 for 50 I figure I'll have a few spares!:lol:

I've included the files downloaded from thigiverse so the makers details are included (just so no-one thinks I'm clever at designing things).

Stubby_Screwdriver_Handle.zip

Hex bit handle 1.jpg

Edited by dikman
Forgot photo (doh!).

Now that looks like a good idea @dikman and thanks for sharing. Could be good in the sewing machine section:P

Cool.