Turves09

Wallet Templates

Hi Guys, 

I have been searching for hours on end and am finding it very hard to get free wallet templates. Mainly looking for 6 card slot bi-fold. Also a 12 card vertical bi-fold.

So i think i will need to purchase some templates.

I have come across Armitage Leather which has a bundle for $18 (AUD). Has anyone used these? What are there thoughts?

Cheers

Comprehensive design and notes plus video so well worth the money

I haven't seen those.  If you know you want a wallet, and you want it to hold cards, you're already pretty close to having your design. Why not simply lay out your own?  What is the point of spending money so you can look like everybody else's?  

The patterns he has are more basic. You could certainly make your own. Ian Atkinson (leodis leather) may have some patterns you can print on his etst shop of that's the route you want to go. You can also look at http://www.leathercraftpattern.com/Free-download-leather-craft-pattern-bag-sewing-pattern-leather-pattern-leathercraft-pattern -key-holder-pattern-leather-purse-pattern-DIY-leather-pattern-Free-No.1?search=Free

This site has a few free patterns. But I didn't see a bifold (they call it a short wallet) they have one or two for sale though

Help to learn comes in many shapes and ways, we all seek perfection before we are ready

I bought Nigel's wallet pattern pack. It isn't patterns though, but a comprehensive guide with measurements on how to make your own. It is great, in my opinion. It takes you to the well, it's up to you to drink and how deep. I'd go as far as to say with some tweaking and a lot of experimenting, it could even show you how to dig your own wells.

Yes @battlemunky is right 100%. Learning to make your own patterns is a valuable skill. There are many ways to make wallets. Designing your own template you can make what you want or need instead of settling for someone else's design. 

We'll put munky