Kenl

new to me Adler 69

I have sold my CB 3200 and ordered a used reconditioned Adler 69. The 3200 was a great machine but just not what I needed. The 69 has a lot smaller dia. cyl. I will post some pictures when i receive it and get it mounted on a table that I am making for it. My question to anyone using this machine do you run a 138 thread top and bottom or a 138 on top with a 92 on the bottom.

sounds a bit funny - you sold one too big machine machine bought another smaller one (from a dealer I guess since it is reconditioned) w/o knowing the capabilities? The dealer should have told you.

Adler 69-373 can candle metric 130 / 140 needles but we do not known the subclass of your machine or how it is setup. If it is a binder machine (we don´t know what you bought) it could have a too small needle holes in the feed dog. Most binder machines are set up for 120 needles or smaller.

Edited by Constabulary

It has been set up tO run 138 thread . They said it will run 138 top and bottom but suggest running 92 on the bottom. i was just wondering what others are doing.

running #138 on top and #92 on the bobbin is fine.  We do that in hockey all the time and the bobbin on the  Adler 69 is the older smaller one which was the same size as an earlier Pfaff 335 before they went to the G bobbin on the newer machines.

glenn